Robotic vacuum cleaner is an automatic device designed for high-quality cleaning of floor coverings without human intervention. They have long ceased to be something unique and available to any consumer.
In the household appliances market, there are many models of robotic vacuum cleaners and for a person not technically skilled, the choice can be very difficult. Experts recommend that when buying, pay attention to the following 9 rules.
- 1. Dry or wet cleaning
- 2. Work power and work area
- 3. Motion and overcoming sensors
- 4. Volume of the
- dust collector 5. Number of modes and additional functions
- 6. Air filtration function
- 7. After-sales service
- 8. Trade mark of the robot vacuum cleaner
- 9. The cost of
1. Dry or wet cleaning
Dry cleaning of the from debris and dust can be carried out by vacuum cleaners working on the principle of electric power. With such devices, the suction function is not very large, and the main work is carried out by the brushes located on the side and under the body. They are most effective when cleaning flat surfaces - tiles, parquet, laminate and linoleum.
Wet cleaning is carried out by models that are equipped with water tanks. During operation, the vacuum cleaner splashes water mixed with detergent, after which the floor is brushed and then the moisture is sucked inside the housing by means of a turbine. At the same time, the floor remains clean and only slightly damp. But the main disadvantage of vacuum cleaners is the need for periodic water changes that can not be made automatically.
2. Work power and machinable area
Typically, low-power devices are designed to clean rooms ranging from 30 to 90 square meters.m, and the charge of their battery lasts for 2-3 hours of constant work. But for large-sized apartments and large offices, robotic vacuum cleaners with powerful batteries and base stations( devices where the vacuum cleaner recovers the battery) are required, capable of restoring the resource for a maximum of 1 hour.
3. Motion and overcoming sensors
They allow the robot cleaner to navigate in space during operation.
The standard models have the following:
- collision sensors located on the sides of the enclosure, which at the right time send a signal to change the movement;
- touch sensors designed to determine the distance to solid objects;
- fall sensors needed to determine the height difference of the treated surface. Their main task is to prevent the robot vacuum cleaner from falling down the stairs.
In more advanced models of robotic devices, additional types of sensor devices can be installed:
- contamination sensors at the bottom of the enclosure that determine the degree and type of surface contamination. They give a signal to change the operating mode and set the number of repetitions of processing;
- cleaning control sensors are a kind of laser scanner, allowing the device to determine where the cleaning is already done, and where it has to be done.
There are models that occupy an intermediate position, trying to maintain a balance of price and quality. An example of such a robot cleaner is iRobot Roomba 980 ( http://www.e-katalog.ru/IROBOT-ROOMBA-980.htm)
Depending on the set of sensors, the power and cost of a robot vacuum cleaner are different. As a rule, all possible sensor devices are installed in expensive and powerful models.
4. Volume of the dust collector
In different models it varies from 0.3 to 2 liters capacity. Accordingly, the larger the area to be processed by the vacuum cleaner, the more capacious the capacitance should be.
5. Number of modes and additional functions of the
Robots-vacuum cleaners are able to work both in the normal mode and in the amplified mode, which is activated by the signal of a special sensor or entered into the program by the owner. Stronger work is required when cleaning heavily soiled surfaces.
Some models additionally include the functions of air ionization and surface disinfection with the help of ultraviolet lamps.
air filtration function The interlayer through which air drawn in by the vacuum cleaner can be a thin layer of special paper or a complete multilayer filter. In some models, the latter is complemented by an aromadiffuser - a compartment for aromatic mixtures through which air passes and aromatizes the treated room.
7. After sales service
As with all household appliances, robotic vacuum cleaners break down. And not all manufacturers in Russia give a guarantee on their goods. In particular, free repair of Chinese brands is not provided.
8. Brand of the robot vacuum cleaner
Some manufacturers still deserve more confidence than others. And among the most reliable iRobot( USA), Panda( Japan), Yujin Robot( Korea) and Kitfort( Russia).Not surprisingly, the models of these brands topped the rating of robots-vacuum cleaners of 2016, compiled according to users' reviews taking into account the cost of devices.
9. The cost of
The cost of the vacuum cleaner should be paid attention in the last place, because relatively simple and improved devices the price range is approximately equal.