- What is velor?
- How do I clean the velor?
- How do I wash velor?
- How do I clean velor?
- How do I clean a sofa from flock?
Velor is used for sewing different things. This material is soft and looks very neat, but with proper care. That's why you need to know how to wash the velor, so as not to ruin the canvas and keep its attractiveness for a long time.to the contents ↑
What is velor?
Velor is a fabric with a thick and fine fleecy surface.
- upholstery furniture;
- tailoring of car covers;
- manufacturing of clothing, hats, shoes.
How do I clean the velor?
Despite the fact that this material is rather delicate and requires the right approach when cleaning, various means are suitable for this purpose. Before cleaning the velor, select what is at your fingertips and proceed as described below. You will be useful:
- soap - household, children's, liquid;
- dishwashing detergent;
- black stale bread;
- adhesive tape;
- special care products for velor;
How to wash velor?
Cleaning technology for this material is very simple:
- Take a flat surface.
- Place a dirty product on top of it.
- Dampen a soft brush in soapy water.
- Brush with small light movements on the contaminated area.
- Leave the item in the unfolded position until the stain on it dries.
- Take a dry brush and comb the fabric to restore the pile.
Important! In order to speed up the process of drying the stain on the fabric, use a hairdryer, but do not bring it close to the fabric.
In case the villi have become littered:
- Take alcohol.
- Moisten the product.
- Hold for 3-4 minutes over the steam.
- Comb the brush.
- Rub the wrinkled places with a crust of hard bread.
- Light objects sprinkle with salt and wipe with a soft brush.
In that case, when the velor thing was worn for a long time and there appeared shiny places:
- Fill the bath with hot water.
- Hold the thing above it.
- Hang it on your hanger and dry it.
How to clean velor?
Pollution of velor can be very diverse. Some after the socks will only be covered with a layer of dust, on others, in inaccurate handling, complex spots from fat may form or the wool of animals will adhere throughout the fabric. To quickly cope with any of the problems, use the suggestions below.
If you have animals in the house with which the wool constantly drips, proceed so that it can be quickly removed from the velor upholstery of the sofa:
- Take the adhesive tape.
- Apply individual pieces to the fabric.
- Tear off gently so as not to damage the pile.
Important! The hair and dirt particles will quickly peel off and the sofa will become clean.
- Wet hands or a soft sponge with water.
- Walk across the surface.
- Wet additionally as needed.
- Repeat until the entire sofa is clean.
Important! Wet the sponge or hand, but not the fabric of the upholstery - otherwise it will be saturated with moisture and will dry for a long time.
If you have a velor thing that is faded or burnt out, you can easily restore it.
- Take the product.
- Clean it from dust, walk on it with a vacuum cleaner or a special brush.
- Spray a spray for the velor over the surface of the thing.
- Hang and dry thing.
Important! Regular use of caregivers will keep your product in excellent condition for a long time.
A stain on the velvet fabric can be removed with:
- a mild soap solution;
- medical alcohol;
- of acetic solution.
The principle of their use in this case is the same:
- Moisten a cotton swab in the liquid.
- Gently pat the stain until it fades.
- Dry the cloth.
Important! If using vinegar, then take only vinegar of a weak consistency otherwise you can damage the fabric.to the table of contents ↑
How do I clean a sofa from a flock?
Flock is a fabric with a very dense pile, which requires a certain cleaning. Therefore, the question arises: how to clean the upholstery of the sofa from the flock, so as not to spoil it?
If the surface of the sofa is dusted, perform the following cleaning:
- Take a container of water.
- Add quality detergent.
- Mix well.
- Dampen the sponge and wipe the surface.
- Leave without flushing agent for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove it with a vacuum cleaner or with another sponge soaked in clean water.
Important! If you choose not a vacuum cleaner, but a sponge, rinse it as often as possible and squeeze well: it should not be wet, but wet. Otherwise, there will be stains on the surface. Cleaning the sofa is recommended to do not completely, but in separate areas: it is more convenient to process the coating.
If stains of different origins are formed on the coating, proceed as follows:
- Dilute a couple drops of lemon juice in a glass of water.
- Treat contamination with a cotton disc soaked in lemon solution.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the lemon with clean water using a damp sponge.
Remove fatty stains with normal soap:
- Take a bar of laundry soap.
- Finely chop and dissolve it in hot water.
- Treat contaminated surface.
- Allow a little soak.
- Remove with a damp cloth.
Get rid of the marks of the pen, pencil, lipstick:
- Take a 10% solution of alcohol.
- Dampen it with a cotton pad.
- Wipe off any contaminated area.
- Repeat if necessary.
If there is a problem: how to clean the sofa with a flock of chewing gum, proceed as follows:
- Take ice.
- Place it in a bag.
- Put this packet on the chewing gum.
- Wait until the cud is hardened.
- Take a metal object, just not sharp, and remove the chewing gum. You can use a regular teaspoon.
Important! Do not scrape dirt off the sofa from the flock, since the pile is glued to the base and you can damage the fabric on which the bald patches will appear.
Now you know all the secrets of how to clean the velor, how to remove complex spots from it. Stick to the regularity of care for such things or furniture with flock upholstery, and then the process will be much quicker and easier, and the fabric will retain its original look longer.