We present to you the most common fears of Russians. The All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center( VCIOM) interviewed 1,600 residents of the Russian Federation to find out what they are most afraid of in the future. To arrange the horrors in order helped the so-called "index of fears"( IP) - how high it seems to the Russians the possibility that this frightening event will happen to them. The index scale ranges from -100 to 100, respectively, the higher the index, the greater the internal voltage.
Most of all, fears are inflaming in medium and large cities( from one hundred thousand inhabitants to one million), where people are most acutely experiencing the possible loss of the already accustomed vital goods. Villages, small towns and giants with a population of over a million inhabitants are afraid of the future to a lesser extent. At the same time, the growth of experiences was noted not in those places where everything is already bad, but where it gets worse than before.
- 9. Tension in family relations: IS -42
- 8. Loss of work: IS -25
- 7. Decrease in living standards( income reduction, forced transition to low-paid jobs, delays in payment): IS-15
- 6.Natural disasters - fires, typhoons, floods: IS-13
- 5. Conflicts domestically on political, national or religious grounds: IS-6
- 4. Crime: IS-7
- 3. Health and medical care problems: IP -4
- 2. Rise in prices for goods, inflation, loss of savings: IS - 10
- 1. Internationalthe tension, the fear of war: IS - 14
9. Tension in family relations: IS -42
The least Russians are afraid to quarrel with their relatives. Conflicts in the family and parting with close people are on the last place of the rating of the most frequent experiences of the inhabitants of Russia. Of all respondents who participated in the survey, 79% are confident that their family relations are not threatened.
8. Loss of work: IS-25
Citizens of Russia believe that they are more likely to suffer from an earthquake than lose their workplace: the index of fear of this problem is -25 points.
7. Decrease in living standards( income reduction, forced transition to low-paid jobs, delays in payment): IS-15
In January 2015, this problem worried the Russians much more - the index of fear was then -5.Apparently, some stabilization of the Russian economy after the shocks and addiction to stress played its role. Many firms, in spite of logic, started repairing offices to meet new economic realities in a more favorable environment.
6. Natural disasters - fires, typhoons, floods: IS-13
The level of age-old citizens' fear of uncontrolled wildfire has remained virtually unchanged since the beginning of 2015.
5. Conflicts inside the country on political, national or religious grounds: IS-6
Daily reports of the growing tension in the world naturally cause Russians to feel anxiety and anxiety for the situation inside the country.
4. Crime: IS -7
The index of fear of the criminal world has changed insignificantly( in July it was -8).
3. Health and medical care problems: IP -4
The fear index of this position in the rating of the most frequent fears and feelings of Russians practically did not change as compared to the beginning of 2015.People still have little trust in the health care system and believe that the disease will cause irreparable damage not only to the body, but also to well-being.
2. Rise in prices for goods, inflation, loss of savings: IS - 10
Russians are already less afraid of the rise in price of goods and the loss of savings due to inflation - compared to the beginning of 2015, this indicator decreased almost twofold: in January the index of fear was 18-19 points, and the population of the Russian Federation was less afraid of material difficulties in July - then the IP was only 7. However, more than half of the respondents reported that this problem can affect them in the immediate future( or has already happened).
1. International tension, the fear of war: IS - 14
This is the main concern of Russians in 2015, about every sixth person( 60%) among those who passed the poll stated about it. Respondents are afraid of armed clashes between countries. Compared to July 2015, the index of war fear increased by 4 points. This is more than understandable, especially taking into account the recent events in the political arena: the war in Syria, the rampant terrorism under the guise of IGIL and the tense situation in Ukraine.