"Forbes" named the most expensive sports arenas in the world. Probably readers would be curious to read about what sports arenas of the world, according to the influential Forbes edition, are the most expensive in the world .
Immediately say that most of them are located in North America. Several stadiums from this VIP list are located in Europe and only one in Australia.
Most likely, such statistics can be explained by the special love of North Americans for football, which is the most popular sport on the continent.
- 1. Wembley Stadium, London,( 1.5 billion dollars, 90 thousand spectators)
- 2. Olympic Stadium, Montreal, Canada( $ 1.4 billion, 60 thousand spectators)
- 3. Madison Square Garden, New($ 1.1 billion, 18,200 viewers)
- 4. Stade de France, France, Paris( $ 974 million - 80 thousand viewers)
- 5. Rogers Center, Canada, Toronto( 930 million)50,000 viewers)
- 6. The Emirates Stadium, Great Britain, London( 770 million USD - 60 thousand viewers)
- 7. Soldier Field, USA, Chicago( 713 million dollars - 66 thousand viewers)
- 8. Safeco Field, USA, Seattle( 686 million - 46 thousand viewers)
- 9. Lucas Oil Stadium, USA, Indianapolis( 675 million d)63,000 viewers)
- 10. ANZ Stadium, Australia, Sydney( 624 million dollars - 83.5 thousand viewers)
1. Wembley Stadium, London,( 1.5 billion dollars, 90 thousand spectators)
Highest position inThis list belongs to the "old Europe", with its famous London Wembley Stadium , which was built relatively recently - in 2006, and the construction itself cost the Foggy Albion a half billion dollars. Sports spectacles can be watched by about ninety thousand spectators at the same time.
2. Olympic Stadium, Montreal, Canada( $ 1.4 billion, 60,000 spectators)
The legendary Montreal Olympic Stadium is located on the pedestal, which was built specifically for the 1976 Summer Olympics. The Canadian government allocated 1.4 billion dollars for it. After the mentioned competitions, the matches of the national championship in American football and baseball, which can be watched by 60 thousand people, began here on a regular basis.
3. Madison Square Garden, New York, USA( $ 1,1 billion, 18,200 spectators)
And the first three of the respectable prize-winners with the sum of 1,1 billion dollars are finished in New York "Madison"( Madison Square Garden) , erected in the distant 1968 already, one of the largest stadiums in the world. Naturally, the main spectacles of this sports center are matches of the national championship in ice hockey and basketball. In addition, with great success here are various boxing tournaments and a variety of recreational activities. The capacity of the stadium is relatively small - about 18,200 spectators.
And now let's name the sports arenas, which are in the Forbes list from the fourth to the tenth place, indicating their cost and the estimated number of spectators that each stadium can host.
4. Stade de France, France, Paris( 974 million dollars - 80 thousand viewers)
5. Rogers Center, Canada, Toronto( 930 million dollars - 50 thousand viewers)
6. The Emirates Stadium, Great Britain
7. Soldier Field, USA, Chicago( 713 million dollars - 66 thousand viewers)
8. Safeco Field, USA, Seattle( 686 million dollars -46 thousand viewers)
9. Lucas Oil Stadium, USA, Indianapolis( $ 675 million - 63 thousand viewers)
10. ANZ Stadium, Australia, Sydney( 624 million dollars - 83.5 thousand viewers)