In 2016, basketball players and tennis players dominate the list of the richest sportsmen who came to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, thanks to the decision of some rich sportsmen, including basketball player LeBron James, to refrain from participating in competitions.
This is how top-10 richest athletes of the Olympics in Rio for Forbes.
- 10. Paul George, basketball player
- 9. Kairi Irving, basketball player
- 8. Serena Williams, tennis player
- 7. Carmelo Anthony, basketball player
- 6. Usain Bolt, sprinter
- 5. Kay Nishikori, tennis player
- 4. Neimar,football player
- 3. Rafael Nadal, tennis player
- 2. Novak Djokovic, tennis player
- 1. Kevin Durant, basketball player
10. Paul George, basketball player
- Total income: 24.1 million dollars.
- Advertising revenue: $ 7 million.
In 2014, the forward of the team "Indiana Pacers" got a serious leg injury. However, already in the season-2015/16, he regained his best form and is now ready to compete for the title of Olympic champion.
9. Kairi Irving, basketball player
- Total revenue: $ 27.6 million.
- Advertising revenue: $ 11 million.
This year Irving debuts at the Olympics, and in 2014 together with his team won gold at the World Championships. The basketball player signed an agreement with Nike for $ 5 million and still receives income from the sale of name shoes.
8. Serena Williams, tennis player
- Total revenue: $ 28.9 million.
- Advertising revenue: $ 20 million.
The only lady in the ranking of the richest Olympic athletes of 2016.In 2015, she won three Grand Slam tournaments. In London in 2012, Williams won gold in a women's singles tournament and doubles, and previously won gold in both Beijing and Sydney.
7. Carmelo Anthony, basketball player
- Total revenue: $ 30.9 million.
- Advertising revenue: $ 8 million.
twice received gold medals: once for the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and another for the London 2012 Olympics. If gold wins in Rio, it will be the first three-time Olympic champion in the history of American basketball. In the sponsors of Anthony there are such giants as Nike, Draft Kings and Jordan Brand.
6. Usain Bolt, sprinter
- Total revenue: $ 32.5 million.
- Advertising revenue: $ 30 million.
The fastest man in the world returned to the Olympic Games in Rio in 2016.He won many gold medals, in particular, for the hundred-meter mark at the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008.
This year's Olympics will be the last for Bolt and he intends to win three gold medals: one hundred, two hundred meters and for the 4x100 baton.
5. Kay Nishikori, tennis player
- Total revenue: $ 33.5 million.
- Advertising revenue: $ 30 million.
The first Asian tennis player to qualify for the final of the Grand Slam tournament in 2014.For this, Japan adores its hero, and thanks to the efforts of the IMG agency, whose client is Nishikori, the athlete has concluded favorable contracts with a number of brands, including Jaguar, Adidas, Uniqlo, Procter &Gamble and others. Two games at the Olympics tennis player has already won.
4. Neimar, football player
- Total revenue: 37.5 million dollars.
- Advertising revenue: 23 million dollars.
24-year-old Brazilian football player has signed a contract with the Barcelona club ", valid until 2021.The net value of its assets is $ 90 million. For the purpose of advertising with Neymar, such brands as Nike, Gillette, Red Bull and Panasonic cooperate.
3. Rafael Nadal, tennis player
- Total income: 37.5 million dollars.
- Advertising revenue: $ 32 million.
For the Spanish athlete, the year 2015 was unsuccessful. It was the first time he could not win a single Grand Slam tournament since 2004.However, Nadal has a good chance of a medal in Rio, as one of the strongest rivals( Djokovic) is no longer involved in the games, and another rival( Federer), who underwent surgery on his knee, undergoes a rehabilitation course.
2. Novak Djokovic, tennis player
- Total income: 55.8 million dollars.
- Advertising revenue: $ 34 million.
Despite two losses: in the men's singles tournament and doubles, Djokovic is the second richest athlete at the Summer Olympic Games in Rio, earning 55.8 million dollars over the past 12 months. He has already completed his Olympiad, since he will not perform in the mixed.
1. Kevin Durant, basketball player
- Total revenue: 56.2 million dollars.
- Advertising revenue: $ 36 million.
The new star of the team Golden State Warriors. If the US team manages to win a medal in games, it will receive a solid bonus: $ 25,000 for gold, $ 15,000 for silver and $ 10,000 for bronze.