- Why is it so difficult to wash plasticine?
- Beginning of cleansing - remove clay from things
- Remove fat from clay
- How to remove clay stains from the wallpaper surface?
- Removing stains left by clever plasticine
- How to clean furniture from plasticine stains?
- How to wash the color plasticine spots?
Each of us in childhood had plasticine, from which we sculpted different figures, toys, gifts for our mothers. But strange as it may seem, each such article ended with the contamination of clothes, because of which the joy of my mother was overshadowed by the question: what to wipe plasticine from clothes? Today, little has changed, despite the wide range of all sorts of detergents - cleaning plasticine from clothes in the same way as before requires a competent approach. Therefore, in this article we will tell you how to bring plasticine from things quickly and without consequences.to the contents ↑
Why is it so difficult to wash plasticine?
Used clay as a material for crafts, for example, for sculptural works or plasticine animations. Work with plasticine very well develops small motor skills in children, as well as finger coordination.
Despite the fact that clay has so many positive qualities, it has not very convenient properties for the parents of young sculptors, namely: after themselves leaves colored and greasy stains on various surfaces. This is what causes us to be puzzled than to wipe plasticine from clothes.
Important! Plasticine - a material designed for modeling, which is painted in different colors with the help of persistent dyes. Its composition includes: wax, purified clay, animal fats, ozocerite, and other substances that quite well hinder drying. In addition to the main components listed above, modern plasticine production uses rubber, high molecular weight polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride.
Each substance with a composition for removal requires a specific approach, and when they are also combined in a different combination - the task is much more complicated. That's why you need to know about the appropriate means and ways to wipe the clay from your clothes.
to the contents ↑
Beginning of cleaning - remove clay from things
Since clay is a substance containing paraffin, wax and different fats in its composition. Therefore, before thinking about how to wipe plasticine from clothes, as well as look for a way to remove it from the fabric, you must devote all your strength to getting rid of the above components.
Starting to eliminate such a stain, how you should evaluate the whole situation, and carefully read the instructions to be completely ready for this action.
It is best to act in such a sequence to prevent permanently tainted clothes and to cope with pollution by small efforts:
- Take clothes and eliminate all the pieces of plasticine protruding onto the fabric.
- Then put the soiled item in the freezer for 45-55 minutes.
- Wait until the clay hardens, remove the clothes.
- Carefully and carefully remove the clay from clothing with a sharp object scraping movements.
Important! After the removal of plasticine from the surface of the clothing, you will notice that there are only greasy spots on the place of plasticine. It is with these spots you will have to fight on.to the contents ↑
Remove fat from plasticine
To wipe the clay from the clothes completely, use such tools and the greasy stains will come off very quickly. Soak Method 1:
- Soak in a warm water soiled product.
- After 15 minutes, soap the soap with household soap.
- Give soap for 25-30 minutes so that it is thoroughly absorbed.
- After this, brush off the remnants of clay paste and grease with a brush.
- In case it did not help, put a soda on the stain and rub it gently.
- Soak the stain with the same oil with the same oil, use a tampon or a washcloth to wash it.
- After you have finished doing this, soak the stain with a dish remover, for example Fairy, and wash it in the washing machine in your usual way.
- Prepare a solution of 10 drops of ammonia per 1 cup of water.
- Use a cotton swab, which you pre-soak in the resulting solution, rub the stain until it disappears completely.
- After ammonia in a large volume of warm water, rinse the thing thoroughly.
The stains can also be removed with a slurry of grated soap mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Blend the mixture on the stain and rub it with a toothbrush.to the contents ↑
How to remove clay stains from the wallpaper surface?
If the surface of your wallpaper is smooth, then the scheme of the process to wipe the clay will be exactly the same as with the soft furniture:
- Fat sponges carefully and gently treat with water. After - degreasing detergent.
- Take the napkin and iron.
- Attach a napkin to the wallpaper, put an iron on it and steam a little.
Important! This method is also suitable for removing plasticine stains and from the surface of carpets with low pile.
With the relief wallpaper the situation will be somewhat more complicated. In order to remove the plasticine stain from such a wall covering:
- Take another piece of plasticine, always white or as light as possible.
- Paddle it on the spot.
- With a sudden movement of your hand, tear it off.
- Repeat this procedure several times until the light plasticine pulls out completely in color.
Important! Remove the remains of the color spot in the same way as described above - a clean cloth, the effect of heat from the iron and dishwashing detergent.to content ↑
Removing stains left by clever plasticine
Clever plasticine, also known as "handgam" or "chewing gum", is intended for use by adults. With its help, you can remove stress, restore the psycho-emotional background.
As a basis for the manufacture of such a mass, silicone is taken, not wax, as is the case with conventional plasticine. Therefore, to remove the stains that were left by clever plasticine do not fit folk ways. At home, this problem can be solved only if the stains were left on natural tissues, such as: cotton, wool, linen, silk.
Look for a drug in the hardware store that is called "cleaning alcohol" - in chemistry, it is recognized as 70% isopropyl alcohol. It must be poured on a stain, which immediately begins to dissolve right in front of your eyes, and wipe the remainder with a napkin.
You can not remove the marks from "chewing gum" from synthetic surfaces, you will not be able to remove it yourself: clothes or carpet will need to be given to dry cleaners, and to rescue the soft furniture call specialists from the cleaning service.to the contents ↑
How to clean furniture from plasticine stains?
From hard furniture parts, as well as from tables, shelves and similar interior elements, plasticine must be scraped off by any moderately sharp object. But only without fanaticism, so as not to scratch the surface of the furniture. Then - wash with salt solution or with soapy water.to the contents ↑
How to wash the color plasticine spots?
To remove clay from trousers, if the material for modeling is used in different colors, you need to use stain removers.
Important! Such stain removers, such as "Antipyatin", "Amway" and soap of "Maxim", are of sufficiently good reputation.
Simply soak a colored greasy trail from plasticine in one of these remedies and then wash the product as usual.
In addition, you can also use the usual laundry soap. For this:
- In hot water, dissolve a small piece of laundry soap.
- Apply the resulting soapy solution to a soiled area of clothing.
- Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe it gently with a clothes brush - so washing the clay with clothes will be much easier.
If the fabric is delicate, then:
- extremely gently rub the product yourself;
- sprinkle with soda and leave for another 15-20 minutes.
Important! You can replace baking soda with hydrogen peroxide. Next - send the item to the washing machine and try to wash the stain at a temperature mode of about 60 degrees. This is the case if the kind of fabric allows. In case the type of fabric does not allow washing in the washing machine, then wash the thing with your hands.
As you can see, it is quite easy to wipe clay garments from clothes, if you follow the correct order - remove the thick color component of it, and then - the fat stain with suitable means. We hope you easily coped with the task, which initially seemed very difficult. Deliver yourself the pleasure and give the opportunity to your children to free creativity and development.