The first fireworks began to arrange the Chinese in the XII century. In Russia, they saw the salute for the first time in 1675.Today, without a fire show, almost no big holiday can be done.
Today's collection includes the most expensive fireworks in the world .Despite the fact that we are accustomed to salutes, these grandiose in scope and cost spectacles forever went down in history.
- 7. New Year's fireworks in London, 2000
- 6. Independence Day in New York, 1986
- 5. Closing of the APEC Summit, Shanghai, 2001
- 4. Closure of the Sydney Olympics, 2000
- 3. Opening of the Atlantis Hotel, Dubai, 2008
- 2. Fireworks in honor of the Constitution Day of Kuwait, 2012
- 1. New Year fireworks in Dubai, 2014
7. New Year fireworks in London, 2000
The so-called Millenium Fire Show was dedicated to the turn of the millennia. The salute cost $ 1.5 million and was visible from orbit. The show lasted 20 minutes and required 39 tons of various pyrotechnics.
6. Independence Day in New York, 1986
Volleys were produced from special barges drifting along the Hudson River. The show was held with music for 25 minutes. The soundtrack to the fireworks by a New Yorker was chosen by voting.
5. Closing of the APEC Summit, Shanghai, 2001
By request of the Chinese authorities, 23 pyrotechnic installations were set up on the roofs of 23 skyscrapers in the center of Shanghai and 10 barges moored on the Yellow River. The show lasted 20 minutes and cost $ 2 million.
4. Closure of the Olympics in Sydney, 2000
The Salute cost the Australian authorities $ 2.3 million. Shots were fired for 20 minutes from the Harbor Bridge Bridge. Separate charges were established within 14 km from the Olympic Park to the center of Sydney. The glow from the fireworks was noticeable at a distance of 20 km from Sydney.
3. Opening of the hotel Atlantis, Dubai, 2008
This salute lasted 25 minutes and cost $ 20 million. Salute was dedicated to the opening of the hotel Atlantis, built on the artificial island of Palm Jumeirah. This firework was visible even from outer space. It is noteworthy that such a wasteful show the UAE allowed itself in the midst of the financial crisis.
2. Fireworks in honor of the Constitution Day of Kuwait, 2012
More than 70 thousand volleys lasted for an hour. The cost of fireworks is $ 15 million. Fireworks fired over the waters of the Persian Gulf for security reasons. For two years, the Kuwaiti fireworks hit the Guinness Book, until it was replaced by the New Year show from the UAE.
1. New Year's fireworks in Dubai, 2014
The most expensive fireworks in the history of the lasted only 6 minutes, but 450 thousand fireworks were spent for it. The volleys were made from 400 different points located for hundreds of kilometers of the Dubai Emirate's coastal strip, as well as the Burj Khalifa skyscraper. One of the final volleys created in the night sky the flag of the UAE, measuring 220 by 130 meters.