Accidents on the roads happen every day. According to experts, the annual global material damage from an accident is about 500 billion US dollars! It turns out that there are car owners, whose contribution to this amount is the most significant.
We present the rating of the most expensive road and transport incidents.
- 5. The fifth place in the ranking is the accident that occurred in 2005 in Malibu with the participation of an exclusive car Enzo Ferrari.
- 4. On the fourth line the most expensive in the world serial car Bugatti Veyron.
- 3. The first three lines of the rating are occupied by road accidents, which were not without the participation of luxury cars of the brand Ferrari.
- 2. In the second place a serious accident, registered in December this year in Japan, involving 14 cars, of which 8 supercars.
- 1. No wonder that the first place in the ranking is the most expensive car at the moment - Ferrari 250 GTO 1962-1964 years of release.
5. The fifth place in the rating of the accident, which occurred in 2005 in Malibu, with the participation of an exclusive car Enzo Ferrari.
The accident occurred because the driver Steven Ericson at a speed of 315 km / h did not cope with the control. The damage from this accident was $ 1,300,000.It should be noted that these expensive and prestigious cars produced by a limited number became participants in serious accidents at least 14 times. Fortunately for the carefree drivers, the Enzo Ferrari provides truly magnificent safety. For example, a case is known when, after an accident at a speed of more than 250 km / h, the driver not only survived, but practically did not receive any serious injuries.
4. On the fourth line the most expensive in the world serial car Bugatti Veyron.
Actually the whole series is limited to only three hundred machines. And it is known that at least two of them have already visited an accident. The hero of our rating broke his car at a speed of 160 km / h, not keeping control on a slippery road in rainy weather. Damage from the accident amounted to 1 600 000 US dollars. It is noteworthy that Bugatti Veyron was bought just a week before the accident.
3. The first three lines of the rating are occupied by road accidents, which were not without the participation of luxury cars of the brand Ferrari.
Opens the top three leaders in the 1959 Ferrari 250 GT TDF rating, which flew into the wall at full speed during the Shell Ferrari-Maserati Historic Challenge in 2003.Damage from the accident amounted to 1 650 000 US dollars.
2. In the second place a serious accident, registered in December this year in Japan, involving 14 cars, of which 8 supercars.
During the rally from the Japanese Kyushu region to Hiroshima, one of the Ferrari drivers on the wet road failed to control and rammed a nearby car. Naturally, in a dense stream of machines running at an incredible speed, the collision caused a chain reaction. In a matter of seconds, damages were given to cars of such models as Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari 355, Ferrari F430, Ferrari F360, Ferrari F512, Nissan Skyline, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Prius.
It took about six hours for the arrived police and rescuers to eliminate the consequences of an accident. Among the injured were 10 people. Preliminary assessment showed that the minimum damage is 3 000 000 US dollars.
1. No wonder that the first place in the ranking is the most expensive car at the moment - Ferrari 250 GTO 1962-1964 years of release.
An anonymous buyer from England purchased his car in 2008 at an auction for 28,500,000 US dollars. As it turned out, the car was purchased not for the sake of storage in a closed garage - as some time after the acquisition the car became a participant of the most expensive road accident in the world. The driver did not have time to slow down and the supercar rammed the car ahead. By the way, the amount of damage( 28,500,000 US dollars) exceeds the cost of all the 14 mentioned above Enzo Ferrari.
Obviously, the hot temper of an expensive sports car makes it not the safest participant in road traffic. It remains to wish the lucky owners of supercars to acquire an excellent response, skill and maximum restraint on the track. However, such qualities do not prevent any car owner. Good luck on the roads!