The achievements of engineering thought allow modern builders to erect buildings that amaze with their height. Three hundred meters of skyscrapers crossed back in 1931, when the famous Empire State Building was built in New York.
Plans for civil engineers to exceed one kilometer mark - the ambitious project "Kingdom Tower" should be completed by 2016 on the territory of Saudi Arabia. In our own dozen today, assembles the world's tallest buildings, the construction of which has already been successfully completed.
- 10. Kingkey 100( China, Shenzhen) - 442 meters
- 9. Willis Tower( USA, Chicago) - 443.2 meters
- 8. Financial Center Nanjing Greenland( China, Nanjing) - 450 meters
- 6-7.Petronas towers: Petronas-1 and Petronas-2( Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur) - 451.9 meters
- 5. International Commercial Center( Hong Kong) - 484 meters
- 4. Shanghai World Financial Center( China, Shanghai) - 492 meters
- 3. Taipei 101( China, Taipei) - 509.2 meters
- 2. Abraj al-Bayt( Saudi Arabia, Mecca) - 601 meters
- 1. Burj Khalifa( UAE, Dubai) - 828 meters
10. Kingkey 100China, Shenzhen) - 442 meters
The building has exactly 100 floors, on which there are numerous offices, a six-star hotel, a shopping center and several restaurants. Construction was completed in 2011.
9. Willis Tower( USA, Chicago) - 443.2 meters
The oldest building in our top ten was completed in 1974.The Willis Tower has 110 floors, 104 high-speed elevators and 16,000 windows. The skyscraper held the title of the world's tallest building for 25 years. Installed on the roof of the Willis-Tower transmitters are of great importance for the organization of television and radio broadcasting in the region.
8. The financial center of Nanjing Greenland( China, Nanjing) - 450 meters
The construction of the skyscraper was completed in 2009.The building houses offices, shops, restaurants and a public observatory. In total there are 89 floors in the skyscraper, on the 72nd there is an observation deck offering visitors to explore the neighborhood from a height of 287 meters.
6-7.Petronas towers: Petronas-1 and Petronas-2( Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur) - 451.9 meters
Two towers were erected for six years on the world's largest concrete foundation. In the skyscrapers are offices, art galleries, exhibition and conference rooms. It takes approximately one month to wash 16,000 Petronas windows.
5. International Commercial Center( Hong Kong) - 484 meters
The construction of the skyscraper was completed in 2010.The top of the building is the five-star hotel of the Ritz-Carlton network. Underground floors are reserved for a huge shopping center. In addition, the building has many office buildings, including several banks.
4. Shanghai World Financial Center( China, Shanghai) - 492 meters
The construction of the skyscraper was completed in 2008.The building has 101 floors, 31 high-speed lifts and 33 escalators. Shanghai Financial Center is able to withstand without interference an earthquake of up to 7 points.
3. Taipei 101( China, Taipei) - 509.2 meters
In the third tallest building on the 101st floor. For the construction of the skyscraper spent about 2 billion US dollars. On the 89th floor there is an observation deck for which lifts are delivered at a speed of 60.6 km / h. The construction of the building allows it to withstand gusts of wind up to 60 m / s and strongest earthquakes.
2. Abraj al-Bayt( Saudi Arabia, Mecca) - 601 meters
The Abraj al-Bayt complex of high-rise buildings is the world record holder by mass. The main tower contains 120 floors and is a huge hotel that annually hosts hundreds of thousands of pilgrims visiting Mecca.
1. Burj Khalifa( UAE, Dubai) - 828 meters
The highest building in the world was completed in 2010.In Burj Khalifa 160 floors and 65 high-speed elevators. The skyscraper houses offices, shops, the world's tallest restaurant, luxury private apartments and a hotel. The observation deck of the building is at an altitude of 452 meters.