- How to choose an electric kettle?
- Body material
- Heating unit
- Stand type
- Bulb size
- 10 best electric kettles
Today it is impossible to imagine our existence without household appliances, which greatly simplifies our life. The electric kettle is no exception, because unlike ordinary teapots, it very quickly heats the water to the desired temperature. In order to choose the best teapot, you need to take into account a few nuances on which depend the safety and operational life of the appliance. In this article, we will review the rating of electric kettles and figure out which one is better to buy.to the contents ↑
How to choose an electric kettle?
There are many parameters that you should pay attention to when choosing an electric kettle, since the quality and longevity of the operation of this unit directly depends on them. In order not to make a mistake and not regret your purchase, you need to decide on:
- material of the case;
- type of stand;
- volume of the flask;
Only after a detailed study of these parameters, you can safely choose a model of the kettle that meets all requirements.to the table of contents ↑
There are many models of electric kettles with various enclosures on the market. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages. Choosing a convenient electric kettle, first of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the material from which the body is made.
Important! Do not forget that among all offered assortment there are inexpensive models, in the manufacture of which low-quality materials are used. When heated in poor-quality materials, a process of separation of harmful components occurs, which then, when water is used in tea and coffee, penetrate into the human body.
Brand companies take care of their image and use only high-quality raw materials for manufacturing their products. As a basis for the case use:
- stainless steel;
Important! The cases of electric kettles made of ceramics, stainless steel, glass are subject to a strong heating effect. This is a very significant drawback for families with small children.
The most common and well-known are the units for heating water from plastic material.
Consider the positive aspects of the use of electric kettles with a plastic component:
- A huge range of colors and varieties of models.
- The body does not undergo significant changes during the boiling of water, and the body part does not get very hot, which is important when there are small children.
- Due to the plastic we get a convenient electric kettle, because it is not heavy and can be safely taken along on the road.
- Quite affordable price factor.
In addition, there are several drawbacks:
- Many inexpensive electric kettles of unfamiliar manufacturers are on the market. The material of the case can be base and harmful, as a result of which the taste qualities of the heated water, its color and smell become unpleasant.
Important! Electric kettles of white color are less harmful compared to other models.
- When the kettle has been working for one year, the appearance of the teapot changes. The disadvantage is insignificant, but for many people it is quite significant.
Glass models will cost an order of magnitude more, but they are steadily in demand.
- Electric kettle with glass case is the most harmless and environmentally friendly when used.
- The models of these teapots attract very beautiful design developments.
- Smooth walls are less prone to formation of layers, and if they appear - they are easier to clean.
- Do not forget that such devices for heating water can easily break up.
- It is desirable to use water in this model of the electric kettle only through the filter. The used hard water leaves an unpleasant layer of scale on the walls of the bulb, but acetic or citric acid will help cope with cleaning the glass case from the plaque.
Important! When choosing a glass convenient electric kettle, it is preferable to pay attention to the presence of a plastic handle, since the metal version of the handle promotes its rapid heating.
Stainless steel - the best option for operation in all conditions. The reasons that this is the most convenient electric kettle, a few.
- Stainless steel kettles have excellent strength properties.
- They are durable, as they do not corrode, do not deform, do not crack and do not crack, other mechanical defects.
- They have a very wide range of design solutions.
- Quite an acceptable price.
Important! Also, there are combined developments in which the body is made of aluminum, and the inner component is made of stainless steel. The availability of high-quality stainless steel contributes to the environmentally friendly use of electric kettles.
- In the market there are combined products of plastic and metal. This is not a very good combination, because when heated by materials, a different temperature regime, which can lead to the flow of seams.
- It is necessary to check the thickness of the steel at the base of the hull and its qualitative composition. Otherwise, the alloy may not be as strong and not safe.
More recently, ceramic electric kettles have appeared on the market today. Their features:
- In these kettles for a very long time the water does not cool down, but the process of boiling takes a lot longer.
- The standard volume of the liquid flask in such models is 1-2 liters.
Important! Aggregates made of high-quality ceramics, which have sustained the technological process can serve for a very long time, so they are also in the rating of electric kettles.to content ↑
The heating element plays an important role. The structure of these elements is delineated by the design properties and the applied power.
Important! The heating system is divided into a closed or open type. On an open heating device, scale is formed very quickly, which significantly reduces the durability of the electric kettle.to content ↑
There are two types of supports:
- Standard version. Such adaptations are already outdated. They have a significant drawback, that the electric kettle can only be put in a strictly fixed position.
- Most models use the modern development of "Pirouette".Due to the fact that this stand is not fixed, the electric heating device can be put in any position. This greatly speeds up and simplifies the process, especially when it is necessary to have time to accomplish several tasks at the same time.
Very large assortment of electric kettles according to the size of the flask. Range ranges from 0.5 to 4 liters. It all depends on the right amount of water and how large the family is.
Household units are also delimited according to the used capacity. The optimal parameters are 2.5 kW, so almost all models in the rating of electric kettles have exactly this power value. Two liters of water with this power instantly boil. Some manufacturers also produce more powerful units with a parameter of 3 kW.
Important! The only condition for choosing the power of an electric kettle is only how good is the electrical wiring in the apartment. If it leaves much to be desired - there is a threat of knocking out traffic jams, if you simultaneously connect several electrical appliances to the electrical network.
Additional features of
When choosing an electric kettle, it is necessary to pay attention to some functions of the selected model:
- It is preferable to have a temperature adjustment function, since there are some kinds of tea that are brewed at 65 degree temperature.
- The presence of a second filter allows further purification of water from harmful impurities.
- Automatic shutdown of the electric kettle in the absence of water in the flask will extend the operating life of the unit.
- The button display of the appliance helps to understand whether the kettle is on or off.
- Now there is a huge number of original design developments with the effect of highlighting models of electric kettles, which perfectly emphasize the interior of the room.
- The presence of a function that maintains a constant temperature regime, promotes the use of a kettle as a thermos.
- When choosing an electric kettle, it is necessary to pay attention to the length of the cord - this affects the comfort and reliability of the electrical unit.
10 of the best electric kettles
Among all the variety of models of electric kettles offered, it is very difficult to choose the right option. Therefore, a small rating of electric kettles will come to the aid, in which 10 best variants of household appliances are presented.
REDMOND SkyKettle M170S
The case of this electric kettle is made of stainless steel and around the perimeter is finished with glossy plastic, which creates an unusual and beautiful design of the product. REDMOND SkyKettle M170S holds 1.7 liters, and its power is 2.4 kW.
Among the main advantages can be identified:
- This model of the electric kettle is considered the most high-tech and modern, as it has the function of remote control via Bluetooth via smartphones on iOS and Android. And with the help of the R4S Gateway service it is possible to control the operation of the kettle from anywhere in the world.
- There is a possibility of choosing a temperature regime - from 40 to 100 degrees. This function is very useful for brewing baby formulas and special tea varieties. With the help of touch buttons with bright backlight on the panel you can choose the right option, and do not have to wait long.
- It is possible to maintain the required temperature for 12 hours.
- The design of the built-in filter.
- A special spout shape that prevents spilling of boiled water past the teapot, cup and any other container.
Important! There are also several disadvantages:
- too loud beeps;
- is a huge and not very comfortable stand;
- weak backlight;
- it is impossible to trace the water level in the kettle using the application.
BOSCH TWK 8611 /8613/ 8617
The household appliance BOSCH TWK 8611 /8613/ 8617, which can retain heat for a long time, is also included in the rating of electric kettles.
Overview of functions and characteristics:
- This device has a function of self-selection of the temperature regime, which will help not wait for a while if the water temperature is below 100 degrees. There are four choices: heating the liquid to 70, 80 and 90 degrees and the process of boiling.
- There is also support for a temperature mode of about thirty minutes, as the case has double walls. This helps to retain the heat of the heated liquid for a long time.
- The capacity of the filled water is one and a half liters, and the electric power used is 2400 Watts.
Important! Two color solutions of the body are white and black.
Advantages of this model:
- instant boiling of water;
- there is no heating process of the housing;
- multifunctional and practical use;
- there is no harmful and unpleasant odor when heated.
Important! There are also negative aspects of using this model:
- High price compared to other electric kettles.
- Very loud shutdown signal.
- Sometimes there are substandard models.
- When the electric kettle is switched off, the set temperature mode is not saved - it is always necessary to set the required settings. If you remove the kettle from the stand element, the temperature support function is turned off.
Next in the ranking of electric kettles PANASONIC NC-HU301PLTW:
- The housing material of this model consists of stainless steel and plastic.
- The capacity of the kettle is 3 liters.
- Power 910 Watts.
- The heating element is in the form of a closed spiral.
- It is possible to heat water from 80 to 100 degrees, as well as maintaining this temperature for a long time.
- In the event of a power failure, an additional battery is provided, which can boil water even without electricity.
- There are four different rates of boiling water flow from the unit, so you can choose the most suitable option.
- Self-cleaning function is provided, and the internal carbon coating allows to clean the water.
Important! As such, there were no noticeable shortcomings in customer feedback.
The case of this model is made of heat-resistant glass and stainless steel, and the hidden heating element prevents the formation of scale. Electric kettle holds 1.5 liters.
Among the advantages are:
- The choice of temperature for brewing tea, as well as the strength of the drink.
Important! The set includes an instruction with a variety of recipes for brewing tea, and there is the possibility of self-tuning and saving the selected parameters.
- Maintain the temperature from 50 to 100 degrees for an hour.
- You can set the time, which will turn on the electric kettle.
- There is a special niche in the casing of the kettle for the cord.
SCARLETT SC-1024( 2013)
SCARLETT SC-1024( 2013) is also in the rating of electric kettles:
- The case of this kettle model for electric water heating is made of glass with heat-resistant properties, and plastic and plastic are used for the bottom and cover.
- When the water is heated, the highlighting effect is activated.
- Available in black and white.
- The capacity of the electric kettle is about 1.7 liters, with a used power of 2200 watts.
Among the positive aspects, it can be noted:
- quite a cheap option;
- very quickly boils water in the kettle;
- if the water is small in the electric kettle, the automatic trip relay is activated;
- originality of design due to the blue backlight.
Important! The disadvantages are:
- at first there is a strong smell from the plastic cover;
- not all water passes through the filter;
- running mode creates a strong noise effect.
This model is not very expensive, as there are no auxiliary functional features: the
- electric kettle is made of plastic;
- water capacity in the unit is 1.5 liters;
- power consumption is 2400 watts.
- design is very easy;
- when heated there is no smell of plastic housing;
- silent operation process.
Important! There are also several disadvantages:
- is very small;
- when turning on the electric kettle it is impossible to understand if it is working, as there is no indicator device.
BOSCH TWK 3A011 /3A013/3A014/ 3A017
Such an electric device for heating water is very often used in everyday life and in offices, that's why it rightfully takes its place in the rating of electric kettles.
- Plastic housing is available in white, red, black and caramel colors.
- There is an indicator switch on, as well as an automatic turn off the kettle without water.
- The volume of the contents is 1.7 liters.
- The power used is 2400 watts.
- compared to other teapots large volume of water capacity;
- long term use;
- thanks to the rotary cover, its accidental opening is impossible;
- convenient nozzle design allows not to spill boiled water;
- when the water is heated there is no smell of plastic.
Important! Negative moments:
- electric plug is straight, not L-shaped;The
- cord is not long enough;
- after the water has boiled, the electric kettle does not turn off for ten seconds.
STADLER FORM KETTLE SIX SFK 8888
One of the best models with a combination of plastic and glass. A convenient small bulb with a volume of 1.3 liters, and the used power of the unit is 2400 watts.
Existing advantages of using this electric kettle:
- looks very stylish and original in the form of a bulb;
- when the water is heated, the kettle functions very quietly and noiselessly;
- the presence of an automatic interlocking function that works when there is no water in the flask;
- is a very convenient version of the handle, which is not subject to heating effect during operation;
- presence of a signal moment after the end of the boiling process.
Important! Negative points:
- high price;
- with a glass bulb there is no effect of illumination;
- , with frequent use on the side walls of the bulb, scale is formed, so frequent cleaning of the teapot from white coating is necessary;
- is an interesting design solution for an electric kettle spout that requires addiction;
- very small volume of the flask;The
- touch button can often break down.
- This rating is made of glass and metal, and the inner lid is made of plastic.
- Electric kettle holds 1.7 liters of water.
- Power - 2500 Watts.
Among the merits can be identified:
- this model has a functional temperature regime in the range from 70 to 100 degrees;
- there is a special device that can be used for brewing tea;
- very interesting and original design development;
- the process of heating the water is very quiet and quiet;
- due to high power the water in the electric kettle instantly boils;
- after the boiling of water, the alarm sounds.
Important! Also this model has a number of drawbacks:
- is not very long service life;
- possible breakage and leakage.
DELONGHI KBOV 2001
The case of this model is made of metal and is environmentally friendly. This electric kettle is decorated in retro style and does not have any additional functions, except boiling water. The capacity of the unit is 1.7 liters, and the power is 2000 watts.
Among the advantages are:
- quality materials that will ensure a long period of use;
- unusual design;
- on the case do not leave a drop of water or fingerprints;
- boils very quickly;
- on the walls does not form scale.
Important! The drawbacks are:
- discrepancy between price and functionality;
- the kettle's housing is too hot, which can lead to accidental burns;
- is difficult to trace the water level;
- the cover is hard to open.
Now you have complete information in order to choose a convenient teapot for your home or office. Perhaps you liked one of the models of our rating of electric kettles and after the purchase you were satisfied, because you knew what you can count on and what disadvantages there might be.