Best Pain Relievers
Drugs that eliminate or reduce the feeling of pain are called analgesics. They are divided into 2 main groups: narcotic and non-narcotic. Each group has its own mechanism of action on the human body. Preparations are characterized by intensity, composition and purpose. But one thing unites them: painkillers do not affect the cause of pain, but eliminate the symptom itself. In this article you will learn the features of the preparations of each group, their differences, advantages and disadvantages.
- Analgesic agent of which firm to choose
- Best painkillers for opioid narcotic analgesics group
- Best non-narcotic analgesic
- What pain medication to buy
Analgesic agent of which company to choose
We have compiled a rating of pharmaceutical companies that use high-quality, purified raw materials in the manufacture of painkillersand the latest technology:
1. Grodzisk Pharmaceutical
3. Reckitt Benckiser
4. FSUE "MEZ"
The best painkillers for the opioid narcotic analgesics group
The drug is used with an averageand a light pain syndrome. The active ingredient, ibuprofen, inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins. The drug contains small amounts of codeine, a narcotic substance that acts on the CNS receptors and has an analgesic effect. In addition, the medicine removes fever, inflammation, cough syndrome. Indications: pain of various genesis( dental, rheumatic, headache, etc.), migraine, myalgia, feverish condition with ARVI, influenza, etc. It is produced in tablets, candles, suspensions and in the form of a gel.
- released a line of products for children;
- convenient form of release;
- has a combined effect on the body: relieves pain, fever and inflammation;
- is rapidly absorbed - reduces pain sensitivity after 15 minutes.
- has contraindications: cardiac, respiratory, renal failure, hemophilia, leukopenia, hypersensitivity, etc.;
- possible side effects: insomnia, allergies, anemia, nausea, heartburn, etc.
The drug refers to effective painkillers, it is prescribed for pain of intense intensity. The active ingredient is trimeperidine. The drug reduces the excitability of nerve cells and the conductivity of impulses, due to which there is an analgesic effect. Produced in tablets and injections.
- increases the threshold of pain sensitivity;
- rapid action - analgesic effect occurs after 15 minutes;
- due to its high efficiency, the drug is particularly often used in surgery( for fractures, to prevent pain shock, for anesthesia), obstetrics( as an analgesic, as a stimulant slow process labor), oncology;
- is safe for newborns;
- has a moderate spasmolytic effect.
- depresses conditioned reflexes, slows reaction rate;
- is addictive;
- you need a prescription;
- the duration of the action is only 2-4 hours;
- drug has a mild hypnotic effect, therefore it is not recommended to take people whose work is associated with increased attention.
The drug is used for strong and moderate pains, incl.inflammatory, vascular, traumatic nature, as well as in oncology. The drug is inferior to the degree of action of codeine and morphine, but it still has a high efficiency, a fast and long-lasting effect. The active component, tramadol, inhibits the conduction of nerve impulses. Dosage form: capsules, solution, drops, suppositories, tablets.
- strong analgesic activity;
- convenient release mold;
- long and fast effect;
- is well tolerated and does not depress respiration, circulation and GI tract as many opioid drugs;
- has antitussive effect.
- is addictive, addictive;
- rarely causes the following adverse reactions: nausea, dizziness, vomiting;
- is inferior in activity to morphine, codeine;
- the drug has a sedative effect, so it is not recommended to take people whose activities are associated with increased attention.
Best non-narcotic analgesics
The drug is a powerful non-steroidal analgesic that is used for strong and moderate pain. The active ingredient, ketorolac, inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which modulate pain sensitivity, inflammation and thermoregulation. Indications: pain with oncology, tooth extraction, fractures, bruises, soft tissue injuries, menstruation;postoperative period, after childbirth, etc. Issued in the form of a solution and in tablets.
- refers to a potent analgesic and has a wide range of uses;
- is not dependent;
- is comparable in strength to morphine, but unlike it does not have sedative, anxiolytic action, nor does it depress the respiratory system;
- is an excellent analogue to opioid analgesics;
- quick action - in a quarter of an hour.
- side effects: nausea, anxiety, loss of strength, nervousness, heart palpitations;
- is not suitable for the treatment of chronic pain;
- contraindications: age under 16, hypersensitivity, lactation, pregnancy, stomach ulcer, bronchial asthma, etc.
The drug refers to non-steroidal analgesics. It is used to relieve pain of medium and mild intensity. Also, the medicine removes the inflammatory process and has a moderate antipyretic effect. The active component, dexketoprofen, reduces the synthesis of prostaglandins and inhibits pain receptors. Dosage form: injections and tablets. Advantages:
- has a combined effect on the body: relieves inflammation, heat and pain;
- starts to operate in half an hour;
- improves the patient's condition;
- drug effect can last up to 6 hours;
- is well tolerated.
- is not suitable for long-term therapy;
- has contraindications: bronchial asthma, hypersensitivity, liver, heart, kidney disease, pregnancy, lactation.
This is an opioid non-narcotic painkiller. It is considered one of the most powerful drugs among opioids. By the duration and strength of the action is similar to morphine, but unlike it is effective in smaller doses. The active component is butorphanol. Indications: severe pain( postpartum, oncology, trauma).Dosage form: ampoules.
- quickly and effectively relieves the pain of various etiologies;
- rarely appears a dependence compared to other opioids;
- is valid up to 4 hours;
- has a sedative, antitussive effect.
- contraindications: pregnancy, lactation;
- prolonged regular use is addictive;
- you need a doctor's prescription;
- adverse reactions after taking: drowsiness, loss of strength, dizziness, nausea, respiratory depression, vomiting.
The drug refers to anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs and is used to relieve pain of mild to moderate severity. The active ingredient, diclofenac sodium, inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins. Indication: bruises, sprains, inflammation after trauma, headache, dental, febrile syndrome, etc. Dosage form: injection, tablets, gel. Advantages:
- the drug has anti-rheumatic effect;
- relieves inflammation, heat and pain;
- is effective up to 6 hours after half an hour after application;
- low cost;
- increases the mobility of the joints;
- in the post-traumatic or postoperative period reduces swelling, swelling.
- adverse reactions: abnormal gastrointestinal function, dizziness, allergies, irritability, sleep disturbances, etc.;
- has contraindications: arthrosis, neuritis, gout attacks, Bechterew's disease, stomach diseases, lactation, hypersensitivity, etc.
The drug is used for short-term treatment of moderate pain symptoms of various etiologies, as well as spasms of smooth muscles, after surgical interventions and in diseasesperipheral nervous system. The drug has 3 active components: pituophenol( myotropic action), metamizole sodium( reduces pain and temperature), fenpiverinia bromide( relaxes smooth muscle).Dosage form: injections and tablets. Advantages:
- the preparation not only quenches the pain, but also has an antispasmodic effect, and also relieves fever and inflammation;
- is suitable for children older than 3 months;
- side effects occur extremely rarely;
- low cost;
- is suitable for the treatment of fever resulting from inflammatory or catarrhal diseases.
- contraindications: pregnancy, lactation, liver disease, bronchial asthma, low blood pressure, etc.;
- in the presence of allergy to any component of the non-steroidal agent, it should be discarded;
- is not recommended for long-term use.
What pain medication to buy
1. If you need a medication that will quickly cope with moderate and mild pain, then you need to choose Nurofen. This medicine has a line of drugs for children.
2. The drug, which is used for severe pain - Promedol. Due to its high efficiency and relatively safe effect on the body, the medicine is used in surgery and obstetrics.
3. If you need a strong painkiller that can be purchased without a prescription, then it's best to choose Ketanov. The drug is one of the most potent among non-narcotic, non-steroidal analgesics, besides, the drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
4. The drug that will eliminate the pain of acute and chronic nature after operations, injuries, with oncology - Tramadol. It is not recommended for use in pain of light intensity.
5. If a drug is needed to relieve pain of mild to moderate intensity, then it is better to purchase Dexalgin.
6. If a strong analgesic opioid is needed for non-narcotic analgesics, it is better to choose butorphanol.
7. A drug that is suitable for reducing pain associated with surgery, trauma, birth or back pain, joints - Diclofenac.
8. A medication that will relieve pain of mild and moderate intensity - Brag. The medication is suitable for reception in the postoperative period, with colitis, with spasmolytic pain, neuralgia, etc. Moreover, it is allowed to take it to children from 3 months.