Every year on the Earth less and less pure protected places. Still, scientists regularly publish information about those regions where the environment has been least affected by human influence.
Today we present the rating of the most environmentally friendly corners of the planet .Far from each of the places that fall into our top ten, is different paradise climate and comfortable for people environment. But it is here that the nature of the Earth has been preserved almost intact.
- 10. Altai
- 9. Chilean National Reserve
- 8. Lake Baikal
- 7. The Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica is often called the "lungs of the planet".
- 6. Namibia is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world.
- 5. Galapagos Islands
- 4. Atacama Desert in Chile
- 3. Fiordland
- 2. Papua New Guinea,
- 1. Antarctica
is one of the of the cleanest places in Russia .Healing mountain air of Altai is combined with crystal clearness of lakes and rich vegetation of local forests. The international organization of UNESCO pays much attention to the favorable natural conditions of the region. The whole world knows the healing plants of Altai, which are collected by hand.
9. The Chilean National Reserve
is thousands of square kilometers of pristine forests and a realm of perfectly clean air. Unfortunately, these "lungs of South America" regularly suffer from fires that destroy hectares of millennial thickets.
8. Lake Baikal
- remains one of the purest corners of Russia and the world, despite the constant human intervention in the ecology of the region. In the spring, the transparency of Baikal's waters allows one to see the bottom at a depth of 40 meters. The deepest lake in the world keeps a unique ecosystem in the depths of its pristine waters, which is of scientific interest to hundreds of researchers.
7. The Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica is often referred to as the "lungs of the planet".
Virgin forests are under close protection of local authorities. Lovers of pristine beauty here are attracted by the beautiful beach of Playa Matapalo, which is part of the National Wildlife Sanctuary.
6. Namibia is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world.
Part of the state is occupied by the Namib desert. In Namibia you can look at untouched volcanic craters, waterfalls and giant sand dunes. The Namibian Constitution mentions the obligation to preserve the healthy ecosystem of the region.
5. The Galapagos Islands
are practically uninhabited by humans, but are home to iguanas, turtles, sea lions, penguins, whales and hundreds of species of fish. This paradise is a biological reserve. The population of the archipelago is only 23 000 people.
4. Atacama Desert in Chile
- does not know the rain, and most of the territory is occupied by salt pools, lava and sand. And let the soil here be lifeless, and the air strikes dryness, but the absence of radiation, light pollution and noise allows Atakama to proudly wear the title of the environmentally safe region .
is an area on the southwestern coast of New Zealand, almost unexplored by humans. Wild nature surrounded by rocks and clear mountain lakes is almost untouched by civilization. We can say with confidence that here the cleanest air on the planet, because air currents enter the Fiordland from Antarctica, and the nearest industrial production is located in thousands of kilometers.
2. Papua New Guinea,
- perhaps is the most unexplored place on Earth .Scientists still expect to find here unopened still species of plants and animals. The natural resources of the region have been intact due to the difficult terrain, the high cost of infrastructure development and legal conflicts. Due to these problems, the population of Papua New Guinea can enjoy life inside a pristine ecosystem.
- is the cleanest continent of the Earth .From human intervention it is rescued by ice crust covering 96% of the territory. On average, there are about 1000 people on the continent, in the summer - no more than 5000. In the east of Antarctica in the Ridge-A area, American astronomers have discovered the the quietest place on Earth .Here is the weakest wind speed and the lowest noise level on the planet.