All kinds of end-of-life scenarios inspire filmmakers and screenwriters throughout the history of cinematography. And given that it is getting closer on December 21, 2012 - the apocalypse on the calendar of the ancient Mayans, the film about the impending catastrophe is growing.
Today in our selection of Top-10 films about the end of the world .Wars, natural disasters, meteorites and aliens - cinema fantasy knows no bounds.
- 10. Road, 2009( The Road).
- 9. The frozen world, 2011( 2012: Ice Age).
- 8. The next day, 1983( The Day After).
- 7. Letters from a dead person, 1986.
- 6. On the shore, 1959( On the Beach).
- 5. Dogma, 1999( Dogma).
- 4. The Sign, 2009( Knowing).
- 3. The day after tomorrow, 2004( The Day After Tomorrow).
- 2. Armageddon, 1998( Armageddon).
- 1. The film of the disaster "2012", 2009.
10. Road, 2009( The Road).
The plot draws in front of the audience a picture of post-apocalyptic America. The film was shot based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy - one of the most popular American novelists of our time and is on the list of the top 10 films about the end of the world in recent years.
9. The frozen world, 2011( 2012: Ice Age).
The reason for the apocalypse is global cooling. People try to escape under the onslaught of the elements and learn to survive on an icy planet.
8. The next day, 1983( The Day After).
The end of the world as a result of nuclear war has received a huge resonance in the world, given that it was presented to the audience at the height of the Cold War.
7. Letters from a dead person, 1986.
A Soviet film about the end of the world received several prestigious awards. The plot tells about how ridiculous the finale of mankind can be: the suppressed coffee missile failed to abolish the spontaneous launch of a rocket with a nuclear warhead.
6. On the shore, 1959( On the Beach).
The oldest film about the end of the world in our Top-10.The nuclear war did not spare any continent, except for Australia. But here people also have to be sad, swim in the ocean and drink while waiting for the finale.
5. Dogma, 1999( Dogma).
The comedy on the end of the world is a rare phenomenon. Among the characters are two fallen angels who want to return to heaven, a distant relative of Jesus Christ, an apostle, two prophets and a Serendipity muse working in a striptease.
4. The Sign, 2009( Knowing).
A mysterious chain of numbers, perhaps, predicts the end of everything. To solve the puzzle and save humanity is the teacher John Kestler, performed by Nicolas Cage.
3. The day after tomorrow, 2004( The Day After Tomorrow).
The end of the world as a result of an environmental disaster is presented to the audience in a frame of impressive special effects. The scenario was based on the science fiction story of Art Bell and Whitley Strieber "The Approaching World Flood".
2. Armageddon, 1998( Armageddon).
With an asteroid threatening to destroy the planet, only Bruce Willis can handle, even sacrificing his own life in the film's finale. The picture is also distinguished by the magnificent work of Michael Bay's pyrotechnics.
1. The film of the catastrophe "2012", 2009.
One of the most relevant films about the end of the world tells about the death of most of the earth's land as a result of a natural disaster. The budget of 200 million dollars paid off at the rental as much as 7 times!