The word " loft " in English means "loft".Today lofts are called dwellings, equipped in the buildings of former factories and other industrial facilities.
Engineers and interior designers are happy to undertake the design and arrangement of such living quarters. The result of the alteration is so impressive that the cost of the loft is comparable to the cost of luxury apartments of the premium class. In our today's selection, presents the Top-10 most interesting real estate objects in loft style , whose price "starts" from several million US dollars.
- 10. Residence on the Sears Road "Johannes Loft"( London, $ 2.4 million)
- 9. Loft on Perry Street( New York, $ 14 million)
- 8. Apartment on Hubert Street( New York, $ 17.5 million)
- 7. Loft on 77th Street, Upper Westside( New York, $ 17.5 million)
- 6. Apartments on Crosby Street( New York, $ 17.95 million)
- 5. Loft on Broome Street, Soho( New York, $ 19.5 million)
- 4. Loft on Houston Street in Beethoven Hall( New York, $ 25 million)
- 3. Loft Residence in Chesham Place( London,$ 25.6 million)
- 2. Apartments on 5th Avenue( New York, $ 33.5 millionLyon)
- 1. Sky Loft on Hudson Street( New York, $ 48 million)
10. Residence on Sears Road "Johannes Loft"( London, $ 2.4 million)
The apartment has an area of 278 square meters.meters are located in a former school building. There is a living room, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and an office. The ceiling height reaches 6.7 meters, part of the room is made in two levels. From the upper level there is an exit to the roof, where a terrace is equipped.
9. Loft on Perry Street( New York, $ 14 million)
The total area of the apartments is 752 sq. M.meter, ceiling height - 5 meters. This classic loft was equipped on the site of the former auxiliary room with concrete walls and steel staircases. Today there are 5 bedrooms, 11 other rooms and 4 bathrooms, finished with quality modern materials, wood and leather.
8. Apartment on Hubert Street( New York, $ 17, 5 million)
The building, in which the loft is located, managed to serve both the office of American Express, and multi-level parking. The apartment has an area of 390 square meters.meters and includes 3 bedrooms, 8 rooms and 3 bathrooms. The interior uses such expensive materials as marble, valuable wood and bronze.
7. Loft on 77th Street, Upper Westside( New York, $ 17.5 million)
In the spacious living room of this loft, the ceiling height reaches 7.3 meters, and one of the walls is almost entirely occupied by a panoramic window. The total area of the dwelling is 390 square meters.meters. The interior is made in a mixture of modern style with elements of medieval architecture: frescoes, fireplaces and stucco.
6. Apartments on Crosby Street( New York, $ 17.95 million)
Apartments in three levels have an area of 573 sq. M.meter and can accommodate 5 bedrooms and 16 other rooms, as well as a spacious terrace of 279 square meters.meters. Among the former owners of the loft are Alisha Kiss and Lenny Kravitz.
5. Loft on Broome Street, Soho( New York, $ 19.5 million)
Apartments in 709 square meters accommodated 10 rooms, 5 bathrooms and a terrace with its own garden. The former industrial building, which houses the apartments, was built in 1873.This dwelling is an example of a classic loft.
4. Loft in Houston Street in Beethoven Hall( New York, $ 25 million)
To make the premises of the former concert hall look like a classic loft, the walls in the apartments are made of unplastered brick, and a few furniture is made of expensive massive wood. On an area of 630 square meters there are 4 bedrooms, 11 other rooms and 3 bathrooms. The ceiling height in the living room is 9.7 meters.
3. Loft Residence in Chesham Place( London, $ 25.6 million)
The area in which one of the most interesting loft-style facilities is located is very popular among the elite of British society. On three levels and a total area of 420 square meters housed a living room, dining room, kitchen and 4 bedrooms.
2. Apartments on 5th Avenue( New York, $ 33.5 million)
A three-storey loft is located on one of the most expensive streets in the world. The apartments belong to the soft-loft class, because they are located not in a former industrial building, but on the upper floors of the Plaza. The residence consists of 4 bedrooms, a terrace, a library and 10 rooms with an area of 587 sq. M.meters. The apartment has a separate lift.
1. Sky Loft on Hudson Street( New York, $ 48 million)
Two-level apartments have an area of 696 sq. M.meters.4 bedrooms, 8 rooms, 4 bathrooms and a terrace with sitting areas and barbecue located on the upper floors of the skyscraper in the city center. The ceiling height in the living room is impressive - 5.5 meters. The interior is filled with air and light, and from the windows you can see breathtaking views of the Hudson River and Manhattan.