The most expensive in history, the Olympics demanded huge investments from the state. Unfortunately, private investors were not too active and did not hurry to invest their own funds. Fortunately, among the richest Russian businessmen there were still those who, for various reasons, took part in the creation of Olympic facilities and infrastructure.
Today we offer Top-10 investors who invested in the Sochi Olympics .Computed investments of each of the participants dozens of experts and analysts for Forbes.
- 10. Arsen Kanokov( 9.5 billion rubles)
- 9. Mikhail Kusnirovich( 3 billion rubles)
- 8. Arkady Rothenberg( 235 billion rubles)
- 7. Oleg Deripaska( 44.2 billion rubles)
- 6.Iskander Makhmudov and Andrei Bokarev( 3.3 billion rubles)
- 5. Gennady Timchenko, Evgeny Sur and Vladimir Kostylev( 57 billion rubles)
- 4. Vladimir Potanin( 81.2 billion rubles)
- 3. Vagit Alekperov( 475 million rubles.)
- 2. Viktor Vekselberg( 16 billion rubles)
- 1. Alisher Usmanov( 7 billion rubles)
10. Arsen Kanokov( 9.5 billion rubles)
With funds held byth Kanokov group of companies "Sindica" in Sochi 2 hotels built. The former president of Kabardino-Balkaria took over this project after the court invalidated the agreement with the "Holiday Resort" Chernomorets "and the company Klever Asset Management.
9. Mikhail Kusnirovich( 3 billion rubles)
Chairman of the Board of Directors of the GC Bosco di Ciliegi transferred 3 billion as sponsorship to the Organizing Committee. As part of this sponsorship, Bosco also designs, manufactures, and delivers equipment for the Russian Olympic and Paralympic teams.
8. Arkady Rothenberg( 235 billion rubles)
Rotenberg companies acted as contractors, fulfilling the orders of Gazprom, Adler TPP, Rosavtodor and RZD.In the family of a businessman, much attention is paid to sports. Arkady himself is the first vice president of the Russian Judo Federation and the president of the Dynamo hockey club, and his brother Boris is the president of the Dynamo football club.
7. Oleg Deripaska( 44.2 billion rubles)
Deripaska's investments went to the reconstruction of the airport, the main Olympic village, and the cargo port of Imeretinsky. In addition, the businessman acted as a sponsor of the Organizing Committee, as well as in the role of contractor.
6. Iskander Makhmudov and Andrei Bokarev( 3.3 billion rubles)
The funds of businessmen went to the ice arena "Shayba".After the Olympics, Mahmudov and Bokarev planned to disassemble the "Puck" and transport it to Vladikavkaz. However, the relocation had to be abandoned due to the peculiarities of the relief. In 2015, the arena will go to the full disposal of the state.
5. Gennady Timchenko, Evgeny Sur and Vladimir Kostylev( 57 billion rubles)
The general project of businessmen is the construction of the Adler-Alpika-Servis railway. The biggest fan of sports in this troika is Gennady Timchenko, who is the chairman of the board of directors of the Continental Hockey League, as well as the president of the St. Petersburg ice hockey club SKA.
4. Vladimir Potanin( 81.2 billion rubles)
Potanin was one of the authors of the idea of holding the Winter Olympics in Sochi. Only for the application of the companies "Interros" has spent $ 30 million. The means of Potanin built a ski resort "Rose Farm, snowboard park, freestyle center, as well as 1500 rooms in the Olympic Village.
3. Vagit Alekperov( 475 million rubles)
President Lukoil paid for the reconstruction of the Krasnopolyanskaya HPP.The company "Lukoil-Ecoenergo", which unites all hydroelectric power stations of "Lukoil", completed the work. The billionaire also helps the Russian sport through the Russian Olympians Support Fund.
2. Viktor Vekselberg( 16 billion rubles)
Vekselberg acted as an investor in a hotel complex located in the Imereti Valley. Built due to the investments of the businessman, the Azimut hotel complex entered the Top 10 of the largest resort complexes in Europe.
1. Alisher Usmanov( 7 billion rubles)
Usmanov acted as a sponsor, listing the Organizing Committee of the Olympics decent money, some of which will go to organize cellular communications for athletes. The general director of Gazprominvestholding is the head of the International Fencing Federation, this sport is represented at the Summer Games.