Petrol trimmer - which one is better to choose?
- Why is the best choice for a summer house - a trimmer?
- Kinds of trim tabs
- Trimmer design
- Basic parameters for choosing a gas trimmer
- Preventing and caring for a trimmer
- Rating of the best gasoline trim tabs
How to make a lawn well-groomed and beautiful? It should be constantly looked after - regular haircut and watering will allow you to enjoy a green carpet. If this is not done, the green clearing can turn into an unsightly, weed-covered soil. Watering is done automatically or manually. Lawn mowers and trimmers are used for mowing lawns. In this article we will talk about such a device as a gasoline trimmer. Which is better to choose from all the diversity - consider their varieties, features and selection criteria.to the contents ↑
Why is the best choice for a summer house - a trimmer?
In the suburban area, usually, the surface is bumpy, uneven. Sometimes, you have to struggle with the vegetation along the fence or buildings. A wheeled lawn mower does not suit you for this purpose. The ideal option is a trimmer, and this is because:
- It is easy to operate and agile.
- It is convenient for them to handle narrow sections along paths and between flower beds.
- It's easy to move from place to place.
- I'm good at mowing thickets in narrow apertures and along fences.
Types of trimmer
To understand which trimmer is best for giving, you need to know about the varieties of this tool and the differences of different types. According to the principle of power supply trimmer are:
This type of trimmer can be selected if you need to mow grass in a small area.
Important! Due to the fact that it works on electricity, you will need to purchase an extension cord of the required length, and constantly monitor the cord so as not to touch it during operation.
The main advantages of electric kind of trim tabs:
- Quick readiness for work.
- Easy start of the motor.
- Low noise level, in comparison with gasoline.
- Environmentally friendly - no exhaust gases.
- High power factor.
- In comparison with gasoline, a smaller mass.
- Does not require refueling and fuel purchase.
- Low cost.
- The travel radius is limited by the length of the cord.
- The electrical cable creates inconvenience during operation.
- Do not operate the device with high humidity and rain, as water may cause a short circuit.
- The device is subject to overheating, therefore after 20-30 minutes of operation it is necessary to take breaks.
Important! An electric trimmer with a weak motor can not cope with thick weeds, young shoots of trees and shrubs. The engine may overheat and burn.
This type of trimmer is not common, which is explained by the cost and weight of powerful batteries. The main advantage of such a device is the independence of fuel and autonomy.
- Small engine power - can not cope with bushes and thickets of trees.
- The battery can sit in the midst of the work, and you will need to take the time to recharge it.
If you decide - an electric or gasoline trimmer, which is better to choose, then choose a gasoline. This is the most popular type of mowers, both among owners of summer cottages, and in landscapers in cities.
Its main advantages:
- High power, which determines the speed of mowing.
- Easy to operate.
- Maneuverability and mobility - the ability to handle the most inaccessible places.
- Slight physical effort while working tool.
- Stand-alone operation - no fixed current source, no cable length, etc.
- Wide range of models.
- High noise level.
- Tool mass.
- Exhaust gases.
Important! A good gasoline trimmer for cottages will cope with a large amount of work and help to handle large areas. Professional models are equipped with a powerful engine and everything necessary to cut plants up to 1.5 cm in diameter.to content ↑
All trimmers are similar in structure and have the main components:
- cutting headset.
On the boom are installed:
- cutting elements;
- protective shackles;
- grip handle;
Basic parameters for selecting a gas trimmer
Before choosing a gasoline trimmer, you should consider what you will use it for.
Important! Choose a more powerful model if you need to mow thick and thick vegetation in large areas.
Consider the basic parameters for selection.
There are two types of engines of this unit.
The main difference of this type of engine is the absence of separate lubrication. What does it mean?
- The mechanical parts of the motor require regular lubrication.
- For engines of this type, a precisely measured amount of oil is mixed with gasoline, and this mixture is poured into the mower tank. This causes some inconvenience in the use process, since an insufficient amount of oil or excess oil can cause a malfunction in the device.
- Regarding the quality of the oil used, practice shows that any type is suitable, although manufacturers recommend specially designed oil types.
Important! The unit with this type of engine is unpretentious and to gasoline - it is possible to use low-quality gasoline.
Advantages of the two-stroke engine type:
- Uncomplicated to the used fuels and lubricants.
- The simplicity of the design allows you to carry out a small repair yourself, without contacting the service.
- Cost is lower than for four-stroke.
- Less mass, compared with four-stroke.
- Necessity of observing exact proportions when mixing oil with gasoline.
- Compared to four-stroke, more noisy work.
This engine has a complex design and when it breaks, you should contact a specialist.
The main advantages of the four-stroke engine:
- High power, which allows to work for a long time at low revs.
- Presence of a separate lubrication system, due to which it is not necessary to pre-dissolve the oil in the fuel.
- Less noisy operation, compared to a two-stroke engine.
- Ability to mow the bushes and trees, not just the fresh grass.
- The ability to process large areas, fighting with perennial weeds.
- Higher cost.
- Fuel consumption is greater, due to capacity.
- The device weight is higher.
This parameter determines the fuel consumption and capabilities of the device. Gasoline trim tabs are produced with these types of capacities:
- І - power up to 1 HP.Such an aggregate can be used for a small amount of work and is intended for domestic use.
- II - power from 1 to 3 HP.The device with this engine power can be operated in areas of medium-sized areas. Such engines are equipped with professional and universal units.
- III - power over 3 HP.Devices with this power are designed for complex work, they are able to work for a long time in large areas, and cut not only the grass, but also young bushes and trees.
For example, an aggregate with a power of 175-550 W can only be used for cutting grass, and with a high, coarse and wet grass, a 600-1000 W trimmer will handle.
Important! For a different kind of vegetation, you should use a special nozzle that complements the gas trimmer.
Two variants of engine placement are possible on the unit: top or bottom:
- It is better to choose a petrol trimmer with an upper engine location. This design is less susceptible to clogging from the emission of shallow grass and dust, which significantly increases the life of the device.
- The lower location should be chosen in cases where it is necessary to treat a small lawn from fresh grown grass.
When choosing a gasoline trimmer, pay attention to the presence of all kinds of cutting elements that can be changed depending on the type of vegetation being treated.
Depending on the tool, a fishing line with a diameter of 1.2 to 4 mm is used.
There is a nylon line with a different pattern of the section:
- The asterisk is best for the lawn, it allows it to recover quickly after cutting.
- Square - suitable for cutting stiff plants and thick stems.
- The circle is a universal section, this section of the line is suitable for both grass and dry burdock.
Important! It should be noted that:
- A kapron line should be used on smoother surfaces, where there are no small stones, branches, etc.
- For cutting soft grass on more complex terrain, you can use a tool with a flexible cutting cord string, which is not afraid of stones and glass.
- A string braid can process a strip up to 50 cm wide.
Steel knife or plastic knife
Petrol trimmer with blade cutter is suitable for cutting high and hard plants, it can be used for clearing neglected areas:
- Instruments with a metal knife can cope with rough weeds, but such a knife is heavy, afraid of blows and requiresconstant sharpening.
- Plastic knife is cheaper than metal, it is lighter.
Important! A greater number of teeth on the knife makes it possible to get a more accurate and even beveled strip.
A good gasoline trimmer for the dacha should be equipped with all kinds of cutting elements.
Weight of trimmer
If the device is used by an elderly person or woman, this parameter should be paid special attention:
- The weight of a simple gasoline mower is from 1.6 kg.
- More powerful - up to 6 kg.
Important! It should be noted that after refueling the device will become heavier by 1.0-1.5 kg, depending on the volume of the tank.
When working with the trimmer, it must be firmly held in the hand when moving continuously. Therefore, the question arises, how to choose a gasoline trimmer, based on the shape of the handle.
- T-shaped. This form is convenient when used on a large area, since it allows you to hold the device with both hands.
- D-shaped. Units with this shape of the handle are more manoeuvrable, they allow processing tracks, bushes, trees. But to work with such a tool is more difficult, since the inconvenience is the position of the hands at work - one above the other. As a cutting element in a trimmer with a D-shaped handle it is better to use a fishing line.
- The J-shaped handle is used with metal knives. Such a device is better to use on heavily overgrown and large areas.
This parameter is one of the most important when choosing a gasoline trimmer. Which is better to choose for convenience in use, we will consider in this section.
Basic rod shapes:
- Curved bar - the device with this shape is better used on hilly areas of gardens and gardens.
- Straight bar - it is better to use this type of rod for processing smooth lawns.
Important! More durable and reliable is the straight rod shape, and variants with a telescopic and curved bar break more often.
Kind of unloading
Please note which type of unloading is included with the unit. The main types of equipment:
- Belt - the simplest kind of one shoulder, not entirely suitable for large areas.
- Dual belt - on two arms simultaneously, softens the load, when using powerful devices this type of discharge is not recommended.
- Backpack with belt is the best kind of unloading. When walking, weight and load are distributed to the whole body, the back does not get tired, the level of vibration decreases.
Maintenance and care of the trimmer
Timely maintenance and avoidance of emergency conditions will allow the trimmer to be used for a long time:
- For this purpose, it is necessary to clean the working surfaces of the device and the exposed parts from contamination.
- When using the unit in humid conditions( eg, morning dew) or during dry weather( cases of heavy dust), it is allowed to cover open parts of the device for a short time.
- Please note that due to lack of ventilation, the engine may overheat.
- It is also necessary to remember the timely replacement of filter elements in the motor, which protect the fuel system from contamination.
Rating of the best gasoline trim tabs
Choosing a good gasoline trimmer for a dacha, give preference to well-known brands. Manufacturers of such devices cherish their name and produce better products. Based on the feedback of the owners and considering the cost of the unit, the following models can be distinguished.
Stihl FS 55
Gasoline trimmer Stihl FS 55 received positive reviews and is in the middle price range.
Important! This model can be used in large areas for mowing grass and shrubs, it is often used in forestry.
- Weight of the device - 5 kg.
- It is possible to install a brass / brush cutter.
- Two-stroke engine.
- Top position engine.
- Engine power - 1 HP.
- The volume of the fuel tank - 0,33 l.
- The rod shape is straight.
- Handle shape - T-shaped.
- Adjustable handle height.
- Complete set - shoulder strap, fishing line, knife.
- Low noise.
- Minimum number of exhaust gases.
Important! This trimmer provides an anti-vibration system that reduces the negative effects of vibrations during the operation of a powerful motor.
Echo SRM-22GES U-Handle
The Echo SRM-22GES Trimmer U-Handle also received positive feedback from the owners, has such basic parameters:
- Two-stroke engine with a capacity of 1 HP.
- Fuel tank capacity - 0,44 l.
- The possibility of using a fishing line and a knife.
- The thickness of the line is 3 mm.
- Cutting width - 23 cm.
- Low noise.
- Weight - 4.8 kg.
- Average price range.
Al-ko 112387 frs 4125
The Al-ko 112387 frs 4125 unit has received good reviews when used in the suburban area. The quality of the device is not inferior to expensive models and has the following characteristics:
- The engine location is upper.
- Engine type - two-stroke.
- Power - 1.2 HP.
- Fuel tank - 0,7 l.
- Cutting width - 41 cm.
- Knife cutting width - 25 cm.
- Weight of the device - 7 kg.
- Height-adjustable handle.
- Straight bar.
- Presence of an anti-vibration system.
- The unit is equipped with a knife, a fishing line and a shoulder strap.
Рatriot pt 555
A good gasoline trimmer for giving the Рatriot pt 555, according to the reviews of gardeners, meets the price-quality ratio. Equipped with the following parameters:
- Engine power - 3 HP.Top position of the engine.
- Engine brake available.
- Weight - 7.7 kg.
- Cutting width - 51 cm.
- Ability to install a brush cutter / trimmer.
- Engine type - two-stroke.
- Handle with adjustable height.
- Straight bar.
- Handle shape - T-shaped.
- Complete set - fishing line, knife, shoulder strap.
Petrol trimmer Nuter ggt-1000t has such basic characteristics:
- Two-stroke engine with a capacity of 1.35 HP.
- Engine location - upper.
- Presence of anti-vibration system.
- Weight - 8.8 kg.
- Noise level is 96 dB.
- Cutting width - 25 cm.
- Installation of brush cutter / trimmer.
- T-shaped handle, adjustable in height.
- Straight rod shape.
- The device is completed with a shoulder strap, a fishing line and a knife.
The main questions, how to choose a gasoline trimmer, we considered, but it will be a simple or professional model - the choice is yours. Before you buy the unit you like, read the reviews and the main features to achieve the desired result during use.