- Preparing a garment for washing
- Washing a cashmere coat
- Washing a wool coat
- Cleaning a polyester coat
Many modern women in a wardrobe have such an indispensable thing as a coat. However, such a thing, from whatever material it is made, is prone to rapid contamination, and not every young housewife knows how to clean each one of them. From this article, you will not only learn how to wash your cashmere coat at home, but also learn how to clean your coat from other materials.to the contents ↑
Preparing a garment for washing
If you pre-arrange to prepare your favorite coat for later cleaning, it can be protected from unwanted damage. Below is a detailed, universal algorithm for the preparatory procedure:
- If possible, detach or flay all cuffs and fur collars. If this is not possible due to damage to the coat, refuse the washing procedure and take the garment to the dry cleaners.
- If you plan to wash in a mechanical washing machine, large decorative elements( if any) are better to be thinned. This manipulation is carried out in order to protect the machine and the garment from undesirable damage.
- The temperature for washing the coat should be warm, namely 35-45 degrees.
- If you plan to clean a woolen or cashmere coat, it is better to use as a detergent a soft gel for washing or baby shampoo.
- If you want to wash your coat at home with your hands, do not use force. In this case, the rinsing method is a good way - it gives the outer clothing fresh appearance and gets rid of small dirt.
- After the procedure, the coat is rinsed a few more times - this procedure helps to get rid of yellow spots and white divorces.
- Dry the coat by hanging it in a vertical position on the hanger or spreading it on a flat horizontal plane. The type of drying depends on the material of which the thing is made.
Important! When ironing under the iron is recommended to put gauze - this will help protect the coat from drying. A slightly moist thing should be left on the shoulders or on a horizontal surface.to the contents ↑
Wash cashmere coat
Before you wash the coat of cashmere, evaluate how much it is contaminated. If it has a couple of specks, it will only be enough to process them with a special compound. To do this, it is sufficient to moisten the sponge with a weak solution of water with a special agent for removing stains and wipe it with dirt spots. After that, the sponge is rinsed and the place of contamination is washed with clean cold water.
If this method does not help, you can wash the thing by hand. For this, the following steps should be followed:
- Fill the deep water tank with no more than 30 degrees. As a container is perfect bath.
- Add a few spoons to the detergent and mix the liquid.
- Lower the product into the container, after having checked all the pockets, leave it there for 15-20 minutes.
- Poorly squeeze the product.
- Get rid of the solution in the container and fill it with clean cool water, rinse the coat in it.
- Repeat this procedure by changing the water 2-3 times - no detergent should remain in the coat.
- Do not squeeze the product, spread it on a flat horizontal surface and wait for the drain of excess moisture.
- Dry the cashmere coat can be made in an upright position on the shoulders, wrapping it with a soft cotton towel - it absorbs moisture well.
Important! Before washing this garment, it is recommended to study the recommendations on the label and check if it does not shed a thing. Machine wash cashmere coat is strictly prohibited.to the contents ↑
Wash coat wool
Wool is always a difficult task, however, it will be even more difficult to wash coats of wool. To effectively wash a wool garment, several conditions must be met:
- Use only manual or delicate machine wash. Others can do much harm.
- Use special products for delicate fabrics.
- Do not squeeze the garment in a mechanical unit - it is best to let the water drain by yourself, spreading out the coat on a flat surface.
- When a thing is dried, it needs to be ironed with a low power of the iron, thus giving the product a shape.
- After the procedure, hang the garment on the hanger.
The procedure itself is carried out on the same principle as washing cashmere products.to the contents ↑
Cleaning the coat from polyester
Such material, as well as all considered, is not recommended to be washed mechanically, but there are exceptions. How can I clean a polyester coat at home without washing in the washing machine? The first step is to read the instructions on the product label.
Of course, there are rare cases where polyester can be washed in a washing machine, but even so, manual cleaning is more preferable. In order to clean the polyester product manually, the following algorithm should be observed:
- Collect warm water in a container where the coat can fit.
- Dilute the powder there, forming a soapy solution.
- Put the garment in this solution, leave it there for several hours. During this time, the pollution will be removed by yourself.
- Pour out soapy solution, rinse out the thing in it as many times as necessary. This is necessary in order to get rid of unnecessary chemistry, which unpleasantly affects the skin.
- Lightly squeeze the product, hang it over the bathroom, allowing excess moisture to drain.
- After the thing dries enough, you need to hang it on the hanger and allow it to dry naturally.
Important! During hand washing, products made of any material are prohibited:
- Strongly rub it with your hands.
- Pulling and twisting during spinning.
- Use cleaning agents not intended for a particular material.
Coats with each season is gaining increasing popularity among the beautiful half of the population. According to their material and composition, they are all different, but it is possible to wash each of them. From this article you learned how to wash your coat at home without spending extra money on dry cleaning. Use these tips to keep your things always clean and beautiful.