- Preparing for transport
- What is important to know
- Is it possible to transport the refrigerator horizontally
The question of how to transport a refrigerator to avoid breakage and preserve its appearance arises when you change your residence or buy a new refrigeration unit. It's easy to answer it: you should study the operating instructions and follow the recommendations in it. Sometimes there is no instruction, or the instructions contained in it are difficult to fulfill, in which case knowledge of the transport features of the refrigerator will help.
Preparing for transportation
Regardless of the position in which the refrigerator is planned to be transported, it is necessary to prepare carefully for its transportation:
- First of all, remove all the products, defrost and dry the unit.
- Remove all removable components. Pack them separately with rags and paper. You can fix the drawers and shelves inside with special fixators( if any), which are used by manufacturers.
- Lock the compressor. This can be done with the help of Scotch tape, the main thing is that during the movement of the car, he does not hang out and is motionless. Often manufacturers equip the compressor with transport bolts, tighten them.
- Secure the door with a paint tape, rope or straps so that it does not open during transport.
- The refrigerator should ideally be packaged in a factory container, but it is rarely stored. In this case, wrap the machine with several layers of bubble wrap or paper.
After completing all the preparations, the refrigerator can be transported.
What is important to know
Despite the apparent solidity, the refrigerator is a fragile thing, and incorrect transportation leads to breakage. Manufacturers insist that the transportation of refrigerators should be carried out exclusively in an upright position. This minimizes the likelihood of damage, and also eliminates the ingress of oil into the refrigerant circuit. The fact is that the oil clogs the capillary tube, and the refrigerator stops working.
If the operating instructions are lost with shipping recommendations, the following rules must be observed:
- The best transport position is vertical;
- to load and unload the unit, holding the handle of the door, it is impossible - it will come off;
An unattached door is the most vulnerable place - do not handle it.
- , before transport, secure the refrigerator securely in a trailer or body;
- under the appliance, put foam, carpet or corrugated cardboard in several layers;
- during transportation, protect the unit from shock, vibration, falls;
- after the refrigerator is delivered to the destination, it can be switched on even for a short time not earlier than 4 hours, and better - in a day, so that the oil has time to flow back into the compressor.
In the cold, the oil in the compressor becomes too thick, so you can turn on the refrigerator only after 24 hours, when the condensate evaporates and the oil warms up.
If the device does not pass through the door while carrying, the removal of the door can reduce the depth by 4-6 centimeters. Please note that you can not remove the door to which the control panel, the ice dispenser or the display is removed. This will automatically void your warranty. If there is no other way out and the door needs to be removed, it is better to call specialists from the service center.
Usually for transportation from the car to the home a pallet on wheels or a trolley is used. Without them, the unit can be moved together using straps, while the refrigerator should be strictly in the vertical position. Bearing as a log does not make sense, it's the same thing as transporting in a horizontal position.
Transport in the vertical position is not always possible and the question arises whether it is possible to horizontally place the refrigerator in the car and how to do it correctly.
Is it possible to transport the refrigerator horizontally
The refrigerator has two sides, on one of them the door hinges are placed. On the same side there is a compressor tube that provides oil injection, tubes, as well as springs supporting the compressor. Tubes must necessarily be directed upwards - to fulfill this condition, you need to put the refrigerator on the other side.
Advice The magazine "Miss Purity" recommends not putting the refrigerator on the rear wall, as it is possible to push the insulation under the weight of the device and subsequent breakdowns for this reason.
Possible consequences of horizontal transportation:
- When transporting on the side of the compressor through the pipes, the oil flows into the system outline, leaving it less than necessary.
- When the vehicle is tilted and shaken, the compressor can jump off from the vibration damping of the fasteners.
- The tubes that are suitable for the compressor may deform or break.
- Poor packaging results in damage to the condenser( rear wall), breakage of the handle on the door or deformation of the walls.
It is relatively safe to transport a refrigerator with a slope of 40 degrees. The device must be securely fixed in this position by placing as much material as possible under it and on the side, which suppress vibration.
It is necessary to approach the process of transporting the refrigerator responsibly. If the recommendations are taken into account and everything is done correctly, then it is not worth worrying about the performance of the unit. The best option is the vertical position. You can also transport lying down, but it is necessary to do this with great care.