- What is kerosene?
- Than to deduce a smell of kerosene from clothes?
- How to remove the smell of kerosene from clothes?- Basic rules
- Removal of the smell of kerosene from clothes
- We remove the smell of kerosene from the dishes
- We remove the smell of kerosene from the skin
- We exhume the smell of kerosene from the floor
- Bring the smell of kerosene from the hair
When things get complicated pollution, most of you decide to use kerosene, after allhe will quickly and effectively remove clothing from any stains. But this remedy has one minus, which worries many housewives - kerosene gives off a very sharp and unpleasant smell. Therefore, when things are already clean, the question arises: how to get rid of the smell of kerosene on clothes? To find out the answer to it, carefully read this article to the end, and you will learn how to clean up the smell of kerosene at home.to the contents ↑
What is kerosene?
Kerosene is a colorless or slightly yellowish liquid. This substance is combustible, but oily, as it is produced by distilling oil. In everyday life this remedy is quite common, it is used for many purposes:
- To improve the structure of the hair.
- For cleaning rust.
- In folk medicine.
- As fuel for many appliances( mostly light).
- Prophylactic against pediculosis.
- Cleaning and washing of all kinds of mechanisms.
Important! No matter how hard you try, it will be very difficult to completely remove such a smell. This is a long procedure, which requires a lot of effort and time.to the contents ↑
Than to remove the smell of kerosene from clothes?
Universal remedy to remove the smell of kerosene from clothes at home, does not exist, but many substances contribute to this process. Here are the ones that will help you get rid of the unpleasant odor:
- Mustard powder;
- Concentrate for washing dishes;
- Kitchen soda;
- Wooden sawdust;
- the Conditioner for linen;
- Bleach on bleach;
- Hydrated lime.
Important! Use these tools can only be based on the material of the product. First, determine the type of tissue, its compatibility with the tool, and only then start the procedure for removal.to the contents ↑
How to remove the smell of kerosene from clothes?- Basic rules of
Before you start destroying unnecessary fragrance from your clothes, pay attention to some rules and tips that will help you solve the problem more quickly and easily:
- It's good to check the room before starting work and after completion.
- When working with kerosene, set aside all light-emitting objects.
- The clothes that you cleaned with such a substance are worth erasing separately.
- Before washing the treated kerosene clothes in the typewriter, stretch it several times with your hands. This should be done because the drum of the washing machine is able to absorb an unpleasant smell, which then goes to other clothes.
- To determine if the cleaning agent is suitable for this type of garment, apply a small part of it to an inconspicuous area of the product. Such a check will show the compatibility of the product with the cloth.
- After cleaning things, dry it in a draft - so it will be well ventilated.
Ways to remove kerosene odor from clothes
If you encounter an unpleasant, sharp and persistent aroma of kerosene, use only proven methods and means that will really help you get rid of the smell of kerosene on clothes. Here are some of them:
- Weathering. The most budgetary, or rather - generally free, method is the weathering of things in the fresh air. But the minus of this method is in the speed of solving the problem. It depends on the clothing material itself and the amount of the combustible mixture on it. If you use this method, the smell will disappear within a week.
- Dishwashing detergent and baking soda. Take the wash basin and pour cold water into it. In the liquid, add half a cup of detergent for the dishes and shake the solution well. In it, soak the right thing for 1-3 hours. At the end of the time, pour all the contents from the basin and pour warm water into it, washing powder and 1 tablespoon of soda. In this solution, wash the thing with your hands. Dry, if possible, in the fresh air.
- The conditioner for linen. In warm water, add a conditioner for laundry and washing powder. Wash in a solution thing and dry it in a draft. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times. The smell should disappear.
- Chlorine bleach. First, wash the thing in warm water with your hands, but do not dry it. In a basin of water, pour a small amount of bleach and place the product in this solution for several minutes. Then rinse the clothes under a lot of running water.
Remove the smell of kerosene from the dishes
The following methods are suitable if you remove the smell of kerosene from the container in which the product was located. To do this, such methods are suitable.
- In hot water, completely dissolve the mustard powder - take a good handful. It should be a homogeneous mass.
- The object or container that you want to clean from the smell, fill with this solution.
- For about half an hour, shake it several times.
- Then leave everything in this form for 30-40 minutes.
- After completion of the procedure, pour all contents from the container, rinse it with warm water and leave to dry.
- Mix lime and water in a 1: 3 ratio.
- Mix everything thoroughly and pour into a container that needs to be cleaned of odor.
- Shake the solution several times and leave it for several hours.
- When the set time has passed, drain the mixture and prepare a new one.
- Repeat the entire procedure one more time.
- Then rinse the container and allow it to dry thoroughly.
Important! In order for these solutions to act faster, add a bit of coarse sand in them. He will very quickly absorb the smell.to the contents ↑
Remove the smell of kerosene from the skin
If under any circumstances, kerosene has fallen on your hands or on another part of the body, then you should not get upset. To remove an unpleasant smell will help ordinary mustard - absolutely inexpensive and safe means. In our case, we will not use mustard, but mustard powder, since it is easier and more practical to use.
You need to act like this:
- First, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and do not wipe them.
- Wet your skin with a mustard powder and rub it gently on the skin.
- Wait a few minutes for the tool to act.
- Wash hands thoroughly after soaking time with soap and dry them.
Important! Do not overdo with the amount of mustard powder, because it is able to dry the skin. Be sure to moisturize your hands after applying cream.to the contents ↑
We remove the smell of kerosene from the floor
There are two options for removing the smell of kerosene from the floor: wood sawdust and special chemical aerosols. Each of them is effective in its own way, so we will consider both methods.
The first and most accessible method is wood sawdust. Working with them is easy and absolutely safe, and you can get rid of the smell of kerosene without too much effort. Do it all in the following order:
- Take a suitable amount of wooden sawdust and soak them with water.
- Sprinkle with soaked sawdust on the floor - better if the layer is about 1-2 cm.
- In this form, everything should be left for a few hours - during this time the smell will have time to soak into the wood.
- After a while, sweep the sawdust with a broom.
- Wash the floor thoroughly with detergent solutions, and then rinse with water.
- If the odor persists, repeat the procedure again.
The following method is the use of special aerosols or other chemical agents to remove odor from such a substance. They can be purchased at auto shops. These aerosols very easily and quickly remove dirt and various smells. But before you apply them, carefully read the instructions.
If you decide that you will use chemicals, then you need to act like this:
- The product is sold in a can, which must be shaken before use.
- Then spray it on the area where kerosene was.
- Wipe dry with a dry cloth.
- Prepare a soapy solution and wipe the contamination site.
- Rinse the floor with water.
Bringing the smell of kerosene from the hair
Kerosene is applied to the hair as healing masks for hair restoration or for prevention from lice. Kerosene, of course, helps, but leaves behind an unpleasant and undesirable smell. It is very difficult to get out of it and the procedure should be repeated several times. And the process will be as follows:
- Before removing the smell of kerosene, rinse your head several times with shampoo. Hair should not be greasy and dirty.
- Then you need to prepare this mixture: mix a small amount of water, mustard powder and a little essential oil. You should get a consistency of thick porridge. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse all contents off of hair and necessarily treat hair conditioner.
Important! Most importantly - do not make hasty conclusions after one reception of this remedy. Completely the smell will disappear only after several procedures and after some time. So you need only patience, so as not to spoil the hair and remove from them an unwanted aroma.
Now you can safely use kerosene and not be afraid that its smell will penetrate to clothing, sex, skin and even hair. You have learned absolutely all the recipes and secrets to remove the smell of kerosene from any surface.