How to clean the kettle from rust?
- Useful advices for
- What is the risk of rust?
- How to clean the kettle from rust?
Water from the central water pipeline is far from ideal and contains a lot of impurities, including iron - this fact is not subject to refutation today. A clear proof of this is the appearance of an unpleasant brown precipitate on the inner surfaces of your kettle. In this article we will tell you how to clean the kettle of rust at home, while spending the minimum amount of effort and time.to the contents ↑
On the Internet and at home you can find many recommendations how to clean the electric kettle from rust inside, but not all of them help to achieve the desired result and are safe for the device and for your health.
Among the limitations, it is possible to single out such rules as to what methods should not be used to clean such household appliances:
- Mechanical cleaning methods, in particular scraping of scale and rust using a metal wool or sandpaper. Such cleansing measures with a high probability will damage the inner covering of the kettle, but they will not bring a positive result.
- Cleaning methods with brine or potato purification are also ineffective. So you just waste your nerves and precious time. These funds will help only remove the scum, but a thorough rust coating - no.
- You will also not benefit from the use of aggressive acid formulations based on hydrochloric or sulfuric acid. These substances with a high degree of likelihood will damage the inner coating and leave an unpleasant aftertaste that can lead to serious health problems. They can be used only for really strong and high-quality materials at the base of the kettle, and after such cleaning, a thorough rinsing of the device inside a large amount of running water is necessary. The first couple of portions of boiled water, too, it is desirable to send to the sink, and not use for making drinks.
- So as not to have to look for ways to clean the kettle from rust inside, try to prevent such a trouble. To prevent the appearance of unpleasant deposits, boil exclusively filtered water, which has been pre-cleaned of metal and other impurities. Also, try not to leave liquid in the kettle after making hot drinks.
What is the danger of rust?
The appearance of an unpleasant calcareous deposit and rust on the inner surfaces of the kettle, as well as the heating spiral of electrical appliances, threatens the following unpleasant consequences:
- water will be heated longer, which entails excessive expenditure of gas or electricity;
- , metal salts deposited on the walls of the kitchen appliance fall into the liquid when the water is re-boiled, and accordingly - our body, which threatens with serious diseases;
- prepared drinks can have an unpleasant aftertaste.
Important! To avoid the appearance of unpleasant deposits on the internal surfaces of your kettle, try to wash the device after every use, carefully dry it with a clean towel.to the contents ↑
How to clean the kettle from rust?
If you find an unpleasant plaque inside the kettle, then the following tools will help to clear it:
- citric acid;
- carbonated beverage;
- sour milk.
These improvised tools have a fairly high efficiency, if you need to clean the kettle of rust and easily located in almost every kitchen. You just have to choose the most suitable option and adhere to the following recommendations:
This method of cleaning dishes from rust has been used for more than a century and is passed between the hostesses from generation to generation. To achieve the most effective result, get 1 packet of citric acid and use it as follows:
- Pour citric acid into the kettle.
- Fill the tank with cold water.
- Boil the resulting solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the water with particles of the lag from the walls of the plaque kettle.
- Thoroughly rinse the vessel with clean water.
Important! If you do not have the opportunity to use citric acid powder, then you can replace it with freshly squeezed lemon juice. In order for the citrus fruit to give its juice better, it should be doused with boiling water.
It would seem that the useless in the household sweet, carbonated drink of all famous brands "Coca-Cola", "Sprite" and "Fanta" actually has very strong purifying properties. It is with these compositions that you can clean the kettle of rust, for which you should follow the following recommendations:
- Fill the kettle with a drink so that the liquid covers the rust-damaged areas.
- Leave the container in this condition overnight.
- In the morning, using a kitchen sponge, gently remove any debris from the kettle's walls. You can pre-boil the drink in the kettle.
- Thoroughly rinse the dishes under clean running water.
Important! To clean dummies with an inner coating of white, it is preferable to use a "Sprite" or "7-UP" drink that has a minimum of dyes, and accordingly - leave no traces on the sides of the vessel.
To clean the interior of the kettle from traces of rust, a 9% vinegar is useful, which should be used as follows:
- In the evening on ⅔ fill the kettle with water and boil the liquid.
- All remaining volume of the vessel is filled with acetic acid.
- Leave the kettle with the resulting solution overnight.
- In the morning, pour out the water with the separated particles of rust and scale.
- Rinse the kettle thoroughly under running water.
Important! If you are faced with a very stale rust, then you can repeat the cleaning process several times. To achieve a better result, you can add a small amount of soda.
You can also clean traces of rust on the walls of the kettle by using sour home milk. To achieve the desired result, use this product as follows:
- Fill in a third of the kettle's volume with well-sour milk.
- Boil the contents of the vessel.
- Use a kitchen sponge to clean the dirt spots - rust marks should be easy to remove.
In this article we have shared with you effective and fairly simple ways how to clean the kettle from rust inside, and sincerely hope that from now on you will not have problems with taking care of the cookware.