Why can turn off hot and cold water and what to do about it?
Despite the active dissemination of legal services and the availability of regulatory documents, people, for the most part, remain ignorant about basic things. For example, only units know what to do if they cut off hot water and cold water. And after all, if you understand what organizations to address with the necessary questions, you can either quickly clarify the situation, or achieve restoration of the provision of services.
Situations are different, but you do not have to suffer because neighbors do not pay bills, someone has made an emergency situation and nothing is done with it, someone in the house creates uncomfortable conditions because of repairs.
Why can I turn off the water in the apartment?
Before thinking about what to do, if you turned off the water, you need to find out why this happened at all. In practice, such situations can be attributed to an impressive list of reasons:
- In the event of an emergency or impact of natural disasters. Only in this case, profile services have the right to cut off water without prior notification to residents of the house or specific apartments.
- If it is necessary to carry out planned works. If the shutdown is scheduled for several hours, then this is warned at least a day. If for a longer period, then a few days. In any case, hot and cold water does not turn off at one time.
Tip: Some people think that if you do not pay for water, nobody will turn it off - you just need not let workers go home. After all, otherwise, due to the fact that all the pipes are connected, simultaneously with the defaulter it is necessary to suffer to all the neighbors in the riser. In fact, today the pipe sealing system is adjusted in such a way that these nuances no longer work.
- When identifying cases of self-connection of someone from the inhabitants of the house to engineering systems. If there is an order to disconnect the house from an authorized organization.
- Water can be turned off when households using a particular apartment use appliances that exceed the permissible household counterparts. All characteristics are indicated in the passports, which are attached to the living quarters and operated devices.
- It should be noted that the quality of the pipes in the living quarters is the responsibility of the tenants of the apartments. If these installations are in an unsatisfactory state, the relevant services have the right to turn off the water before replacing the pipes. The decision is made by the relevant commission, and the tenants of the apartment are always informed.
- Finally, water can be cut off due to non-payment. But there are several nuances here that you need to know about. First, the debt for all payments, or at least one of them, should be at least 6 months. Secondly, if the tenant signs an agreement with the management company on the gradual repayment of the debt and the strict implementation of this schedule, no one can turn off the water, no matter what the size and the term of the debt. Third, only hot water can be turned off, the management company has no right to leave the inhabitants of the dwelling and without hot water.
To find out why there is no water in the apartment, you need to contact the management company attached to a particular house. If her employees claim that they do not know what the matter is, or refuse to answer the questions put, you can safely write a complaint to the district administration, apply to the police and the prosecutor's office. Practice shows that such measures allow you to quickly understand the situation, and at least get answers to all the questions.
What should I do if the water is turned off for no apparent reason?
It happens that water in one apartment is turned off due to late payments by the owners of another apartment. This is absolutely illegal! Sometimes management companies try to force tenants of the house "to convince" the defaulter of the need to repay his debt. People simply do not know their rights - even an oral appeal to the employees of the management company should quickly settle everything. Otherwise, the situation is normalized by police officers.
There is one more thing that you should pay attention to. If there was no warning announcement, and water( any) turned off, perhaps it was done by the neighbors themselves. For example, they make repairs and change pipes. Without prior agreement of time and timing with neighbors in the riser, this is again illegal. In this case, you can either directly demand from the tenants of such an apartment to restore everything, or turn to the district police. Regular violation of established rules is fraught with even eviction from the apartment, so problems should arise.
By the way, if you were not lucky enough to live in the same house with malicious defaulters, it's worthwhile checking your utility bills more closely. Some management companies, so as not to suffer from the knocking out of debts, simply distribute them to all tenants at home. This behavior is the basis for writing an application to the police and applying to the court.