Ceramic tiles - the most appropriate, universal coverage for the kitchen interior, classic lining material. It has a beautiful appearance, is well combined with the other finishes, it fits both on the floor and on the walls. Modern tiles for the kitchen produced a variety of shapes, sizes, colors and textures - in the form of large plates, plitochek small, with woody texture or "Brick", in the form of rhombi or rectangular, solid or pattern.
- Pros and cons of the ceramic coating
How to choose the right tile for the kitchen
- for sex
- for the apron
- types of tiles
- The variety of shapes, sizes,
- Application Method
- Stylistic direction, color
- Rules laying his hands
- How to treat
Pros and cons of the ceramic coating
Like any material used for interior decoration, in ceramic has its own pros and cons.
- hygiene - floor, wall convenient, easy to clean;
- moisture resistance - is water, it does not absorb odors, not subject to mold, fungal lesions;
- Environmentally friendly - only a part of the sand, various types of colored clay;
- strength - keramoplitka made by hot pressing, is not inferior in strength concrete, it does not burn, melt at high temperatures;
- durability - when stacking quality, proper care and long lasting coating, the protective layer does not scratch the surface, scorch;
- attractive appearance - a properly selected design will create a unique design;
- use in conjunction with other materials - look great combination with washable wallpaper, a laminate, a plaster stone decorative plaster and others.
- keramoplitkoy flooring with a glossy texture glides badly, sometimes resulting in injury, because in wet rooms is better to use a relief;
- Not all types of fairly resistant to physical damage, especially in transportation, falling metal objects;
- the surface is very cold, because under it are often installed "warm floor";
- require additional sound insulation;
- difficult, long to lay their own.
How to choose the right tile for the kitchen
Keramoplitka for kitchen facilities will serve not a year or two - if the coating is tired, it is quite difficult to change. What to look for when choosing:
- the material must fit the selected style interior, harmoniously to look at it on the coloring, pattern, texture;
- it is desirable to acquire 7-10% higher than obtained when calculating the required amount - it can be beaten during transport from improper cutting is also not perfect;
- when purchasing, receiving, merchandise must be inspected for cracks, chips, other defects - unscrupulous suppliers sometimes mixed battered tiles with a whole, in the hope that this will not notice;
- for apron borders selected design of suitable size - different in width, height, color scheme, a flat or convex will also look different, it should be taken into account in advance;
- floor covering must be non-slip and Walling, especially located in the washing area, gas cookers - be strong and resistant to chemical agents, frequent penetration of moisture, fat.
Calculation of plitochek best left to a professional, if you can not - a few times to count on their own, turning to literature.
For flooring sold large spacious kitchen tiles, preferably two or three shades darker than the wall. The colors tend to accumulate grease preferred surface - matt, impact-resistant, non-slip, especially if you live in the apartment children, animals, the elderly. The stylish interior creates a hexagonal, diamond-shaped, asymmetrical keramoplitka.
Ceramic floor marked with a special icon-after - wall on the floor will serve very few, it is marked with a symbol-palm.
Dining room, work area often make different tiles, perfect material bulges. In the room with the large dimensions of interesting looks volumetric three-dimensional ceramics, contrasting with the headset. Gloss is suitable for small rooms closer, looks nice keramoplitka with beveled edges.
If the walls of the supposed existence of outlets, switches, it is desirable to mount the sensor in the center of the tiles to the room look aesthetically pleasing.
for the apron
When a small kitchenette, apron material is required to combine the color and texture of countertops, flooring. If the table is wood, the apron will repeat the pattern of wood, stone - granite or marble. Admitted small mosaic elements. Larger room apron is contrast.
See also:Corner suite for a small kitchen
The height of the skirt is approximately 45-75 cm, so the tile is selected in accordance with the parameter, to the drawing was not broken. Keramoplitka with FotoDEKOR complicated in the packing, but it looks fine.
types of tiles
All tiled ceramic materials, according to the method of production is divided into five types:
- monokottura - passes the compact, single-fired, is used to cover the walls, the floor. Frost-resistant varieties are used for the exterior. The material is resistant to aggressive household chemicals, rugged, compact, does not absorb water;
- bikottura - enamelled keramoplitki produced by double firing, intended for interior decoration. Tile exits porous, less durable than the other, is light in weight, thickness, red-brown substrate. Produced series of several callers;
- monoporosa - single sintering method is used, pressing, glazing. As a part - clay with plenty of carbonates. The finished product usually has a medium or large size, reduced strength, is used solely for internal works. Texture is often an imitation of marble, at least - light wood;
- clinker - fired once, made with enamel or without colored bases. It has a high resistance to temperature variations, abrasion. It is used for laying the floor in the residential, office, factory, sports buildings, structures;
- cotto - red produced with a porous base formed during the extrusion process. Material comes out very resistant to abrasives, it has a high bending strength and compression. It used as flooring in the rooms, facing of buildings, structures.
Also decorative tiles is cast. In addition to ceramic, widely used, and other types:
- Glass - completely transparent or matt, smooth or embossed with bubbles;
- stone - completely natural, durable, suitable for the decoration of expensive designer interiors;
- metal - looks great, material is very durable;
- PVC - can be cheap, and expensive, can mimic any texture - bricks dosochki, stone and others.
The properties of slab material, the quality, the field of application should be to ask the seller, the issuing this product.
The variety of shapes, sizes,
Form of tiles used for kitchen decor - this is usually a square, rectangle, rhombus, pentagon, hexagon, triangle, octagon. Less common are other options often are made to order in limited quantities.
In the kitchen often combine two or three kinds of keramoplitki, highlighting the different zones. For spacious rooms used by the largest - of it laid out patterns, broken lines, "checkerboard" to visually lengthen the wall, is a border, it may be a contrasting apron, which sometimes draw up appropriate stickers. To increase the ceiling height, square tiles are placed vertically. In cramped kitchens applied mosaic wall mirror tiles, the floor is laid diagonally light stoneware material.
See also:drawing installation rules in the kitchen
The following options are most commonly used:
- 2,5h2,5 cm .;
- 5x15 cm .;
- 10x20 cm .;
- 15x15 cm .;
- 20x40 cm .;
- 40x40 cm .;
- 60 × 60 cm.
The smaller plitochki, the more seams between them, the more complex form - the more time-consuming installation is what you should consider in advance.
Often from small keramoplitochek spread whole panel, a colorful mosaic of composite materials. Put on the floor in several ways:
- Traditional - straight parallel rows, suitable for seamless keramoplitki;
- diagonal - requires accurate counting axes looks nice using square elements greatly expands the space;
- "Herringbone" - laid on the principle of the parquet, "herringbone to attach" is complemented by a mosaic or other colors;
- offset - well hides minor defects, a variety of trim;
- modular grid - to "revive" a large room, but need a drawing with all dimensions.
The wall mounted three ways - conventional, diagonally, with imitation masonry (horizontal or vertical).
Regardless of which is chosen layout, finishing material is first spread on the floor, try on a wall without glue, to see how it looks.
Stylistic direction, color
Tile in a given performance can become a decoration of the interior of any style:
- Provence - preferably light colors - white, light yellow, beige, kitchen items apron drawn thin lines flower ornament;
- Classic - ceramics in the style of a classic imitates natural leather, real stone - usually granite, marble, has a layered pattern;
- Scandinavian - coating is performed "under the tree", imitating the parquet boards of different kinds, apparently it is very rough;
- Loft - plates are made under the brickwork used textural elements "hog" clinker;
- minimalist - large monochromatic keramoplity, preferably light or "pure" colors, intricate patterns are unacceptable;
- Japanese - predominantly bright, smooth elements permissible floral patterns, characters on a kitchen apron, imitation bamboo leaf;
- Nouveau - monochrome tile several callers, preferably contrasting with each other;
- Arabic - suit coat with patchwork elements - all plitochki may be different, or create the impression;
- high-tech - wall, floor design mimics the metal, colored glass, mirror plane;
- Slavic - wall or kitchen apron only drawn tiles, Gzhel, Russian tiles with folk motifs.
Simultaneously indoor recommended to use no more than two or three colors, decorating walls performed in lighter colors than the floor. The most fashionable, popular:
- ghostly white with sapphire;
- blue and pink;
- carrot-red with cream;
- yellow with green;
- linen with snow and blue;
- light green with silver;
- light gray to black;
- blue with white;
- mauve with sand;
- beige with olive;
- apricot with fuchsia;
- coffee with milk;
- dark aubergine with gray;
- graphite with a greenish-brown;
- ocher shale;
- Tea with emerald green;
- Amethyst with light carmine.
Interior coloring depends on the area of the room. In the cramped kitchen of the size of five to six meters square, with a window to the north, north-west, the preferred seamless coverage warm, bright colors. In a spacious and bright, with windows facing south-east, south, allowed the dark and bright colors.
Rules laying his hands
Decorate the walls, tiled floor uniform material, reaching a mix of a few, easy to own hands. How to incrementally make the kitchen facing yourself: first need some tools:
- steel tape measure, square;
- a pencil;
- level, generally;
- glass cutter;
- mixer or a drill with a nozzle;
- Clippers on the tiles;
- Master OK;
- toothed trowel, an ordinary rubber;
- rubber mallet;
- sponge, rag, a bucket;
- work gloves, knee pads.
See also:Gray in the interior of the kitchen: 60 successful combinations of colors
- appropriate adhesive;
- crosses to mark;
- grout suitable caramel.
You must first prepare the base, which decided stoning. It was purified from impurities, level, stacking is performed on concrete, old tile layer, chipboard etc.. When there are irregularities of more than five or six millimeters, the surface is poured leveling compound to avoid abrupt transitions, waiting for drying, the old paint sanded, primed.
After marking paint - immediately after drying. Spacing is desirable so as not to have to cut a lot of tiles, trimming was hardly noticeable. Line mark with a laser level or cord angles should be straight, the tiles are laid using the daggers. Clay diluted according to the instructions, applied to where marked the beginning of the first row, level with a spatula with teeth. If the items are very large, they are also covered with glue. The tile is pressed against the floor, gently tapping with a mallet. A number of flattened by the rule level crosses inserted into the corners. After incised stacked tiles - it is cut with the seam via Tile or grinder. If you want to make a curved cut on the tile glue masking tape, drilled in the right places, to get a smooth line, cut off the excess wire cutters, grind.
When the coating is laid, waiting day and start grouting - they moisten with water, whereupon the mixture was trowel applied to a rubber spatula. Thirty to forty minutes, the excess is removed with a sponge soaked in water one hour wash the floor with a soap solution. A week later, the seams are treated with sealant.
Wall keramoplitku put on drywall, plaster. Line the walls, primed. Stacking produce from the bottom up - the space behind the kitchen unit is not usually veneer to save. The bottom row is mounted directly above the skirting board or metal lath nailed at top - if it comes to the kitchen apron. Cut pieces are attached in inconspicuous places, corners, soffits made out plastic corners. Above the gas, electric stove apron stack until the drawing.
If the floor is warm, it is heated for a day or two before and after three or four days after laying. According to the finished floor it is not recommended to walk the first three to seven days.
How to treat
Care very simple, but it is carried out regularly. For treatment of different types of pollution will need:
- Conventional soap solution;
- detergent limescale;
- fat splitter for a tile;
- antifungal drug, if traces of mold appeared;
- solution of vinegar, alcohol;
- steam cleaner;
- latex gloves;
- sponge for dishes;
- textile napkins;
- tooth brush to clean the joints.
use abrasive powders are not recommended - on some surfaces they leave noticeable scratches. Before washing, vacuuming the floor, sweep, wall covering regularly cleaned of grease, wipe the dust.
Tile laying open his own hands in the presence of certain skills to make very simple, relatively cheap, practical. Sometimes different types of decorative tiles made out not only stylish kitchen, but also an entrance hall, living room, bathroom, completely whole studio apartment converted from a small "Khrushchev". When it comes to more extensive areas, then we can not do without an assistant or even a whole team of professional masters finishers. For sale is a wide range of diverse keramoplitki - from economy class to elite, having the original texture, photo printing.