How to wash a baking tray from old fat - folk and innovative products
Even with qualitative and regular care of cooking utensils it is very difficult to prevent the formation of a layer of fat on the working surface. Most often, the housewives do not know how to clean the baking sheet from the sludge, without spoiling the functional coating.
There are several methods for safe handling of products at home. In some cases, chemical reactions are used, in others - physical effects. When choosing the optimal approach, it is necessary to proceed from the type of pollution that needs to be washed, otherwise it will be difficult to achieve the desired result.
Folk Remedies for Troubleshooting
First of all, a spoiled baking tray should be cleaned using one of the approaches based on the use of natural products. They are able to save not only from fresh sludge, but also aged fat.
- If the contamination is not yet too tight, then you can use the soda solution. Three tablespoons of baking soda mixed with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, add a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. The resulting paste is carefully kneaded to homogeneity. Mass distribute the product, leave for a quarter of an hour, after which we try to wash the dirt with a dense sponge. The same product can be used for the treatment of internal surfaces and the oven door.
- From burnt or very old plaque will relieve more aggressive impact, but also with the use of soda. First, the product is soaked for a couple of hours in hot water with the addition of baking soda. After that, we take any washing paste, we put it on a hard sponge and wipe off the dirt.
Tip: The efficiency of mechanical cleaning of the baking tray will be noticeably improved if the salt is used as an abrasive salt, grinded coffee or sand.
These approaches are strictly forbidden to use to restore the surface of Teflon, glass, ceramic or silicone coating. When working with the listed items, only neutral gel and soft napkins are allowed.
As a last resort, fragile accessories are soaked in a washing solution for half an hour. However, these types of coatings were designed specifically to prevent the accumulation of carbon deposits, so even traces of burnt sugar from them are easily washed with warm water.
Methods of cleaning the grease and carbon deposit
If folk remedies have not helped completely and without a trace to wash the grease on the baking surface, it will be necessary to connect other, more intensive variants of the impact.
- Exposure to high temperatures. To clean the product from a very dense and old layer of fat, you need to perform its complex processing. We put the baking tray in the oven, fill it with water, in which a little soda, vinegar or detergent for dishes is diluted. We turn on the heating, close the oven and wait a few minutes. Do not let the liquid completely evaporate! After such preparation it is possible to wash off easily any deposit.
- Using the self-cleaning function. Some modern home appliances have a self-cleaning system for the camera. It should not be neglected, it is a rather mild, but very effective method. During the manipulation, it is necessary to ventilate the room, otherwise it can be filled with a heavy, hardly removable odor.
- Use of special tools. This technique is always used last.no one is immune from the harmful effects of chemicals.
When working with profile means, you must adhere to certain rules:
- First, the pan should be cleaned from the dirt deposit mechanically. This is done with the help of a spatula, which is scraped off dirt, and a sheet of paper, with which the collected substance is removed.
- Further, the selected substance is evenly distributed or sprayed on the surface, leaving for a quarter of an hour. Sometimes manufacturers recommend adding a little water.
- After the specified time, wipe the surface with a washcloth, sponge or napkin.
- Finally, rinse the product with clean water and thoroughly dry. After such processing, the object returns to the oven and, if necessary, is dried with warm air.
Choosing the optimal options for cleaning the baking tray, you must adhere to environmentally friendly preparations, minimizing the use of aggressive solvents and reagents. Sometimes it's better to replace the spoiled baking tray in time than to treat it with acid, and then cook the food on the created environment.
Plaque on the baking tray will accumulate more slowly if after using the object it is not only washed, but also carefully wiped. Often, the residues of fat remain on the water drops and settle after they dry out.