Like Russians, citizens of Ukraine spend on food about half of the family budget. And Ukrainians clearly have plenty to choose from - many national brands are known far beyond the Nezalezhnaya.
The publication Focus published rating of the most popular Ukrainian brands .Six out of the top ten positions were taken by alcohol products, the rest was shared by Ukrainian confectioners, producers of chicken and cigarettes.
- 10. Confectionery products "Conti"( annual income from retail sales - 1.9 billion hryvnia).
- 9. Beer "Obolon"( 1.63 billion hryvnia).
- 8. Vodka "Khortytsya"( 1.55 billion hryvnia).
- 7. Vodka "Nemiroff"( 1.53 billion hryvnia).
- 6. Vodka "Khlebny Dar"( 1.372 billion hryvnia).
- 5. Beer "Rogan"( 1,273 billion hryvnia).
- 4. Cigarettes of "Prima"( 3,233 billion hryvnia).
- 3. Beer "Chernigov"( 4.265 billion hryvnia).
- 2. Confectionery concern Roshen( 4.54 billion hryvnia).
- 1. Chicken meat "Nasha Ryaba"( 5.1 billion hryvnia).
10. Confectionery products "Conti"( annual income from retail sales - 1.9 billion hryvnia).
The company was founded in 1997.Since 2004, Conti has been successfully operating in the Russian market. To ensure the supply of products to Russian consumers, a large logistics complex was built in Kursk."Conti" is the second most popular confectionary brand in Ukraine.
9. Obolon beer( 1.63 billion hryvnia).
The history of the Obolon brand began in 1980, when Czech specialists chose the Obolon area as an ideal place for building a Soviet brewery. Today Obolon beer is supplied even to the US and Europe.
8. Vodka "Khortytsya"( 1.55 billion hryvnia).
Production facilities of the distillery "Khortytsya" allow producing 16 bottles of vodka per second. The plant's products are exported to 85 countries. Popular brand "Khortytsya" occupies about 30% of the market of strong alcohol in Ukraine.
7. Vodka "Nemiroff"( 1.53 billion hryvnia).
The brand belongs to the international holding company "Nemiroff Holding" - one of the world's largest producers of strong alcohol. Nemiroff is exported to 72 countries. Ukrainian vodka "Nemiroff Premium De Luxe" is the owner of the highest award of the International tasting contest "The Vodka Masters".
6. Vodka "Khlebny Dar"( 1.372 billion hryvnia).
The brand belongs to LLC ALCOHOLIC TRADITIONS.The company successfully develops the markets of the CIS and the Far Abroad. In 2011, the production of vodka "Khlebny Dar" was started at the plant in Belarus. According to the rating, "Hlebnyi Dar" is the most popular Ukrainian vodka.
5. Beer "Rogan"( 1,273 billion hryvnia).
This is the first of two Ukrainian beer brands of the company "SUN InBev Ukraine", caught up in the rating. The beer factory of this brand was opened in 1989.The assortment of the brand includes 6 varieties of light beer, dark beer, nonalcoholic and strong "Merry monk".The pride of the plant is the "Traditional" beer - the owner of many prestigious international awards.
4. Cigarettes of "Prima"( 3,233 billion hryvnia).
The most popular Ukrainian tobacco brand. Today in Ukraine there are two types of cigarettes of the brand "Prima": classic and "Primova silver" with a low content of nicotine and resins. The brand inherited the glory of the legendary Soviet cigarettes, which once competed with cigarettes "Belomorkanal."A pack of "Prima" costs about 20 rubles, which makes it one of the most affordable cigarette brands.
3. Beer "Chernigov"( 4.265 billion hryvnia).
This is the second brand of SUN InBev Ukraine in the rating. The plant in Chernihiv produces 9 varieties of beer, and it was under the brand "Chernigov" began production of the first in Ukraine unfiltered beer. The history of brewing in Chernigov began in 1976 under the guidance of specialists from the Czech Republic from the creation of the Chernigov Beer Factory Desna. The brand owner, SUN InBev Ukraine, is part of the largest world beer production corporation - Anheuser-Busch InBev.
2. Confectionery concern Roshen( 4.54 billion hryvnia).
The most popular confectionery brand of Ukraine is also popular in Russia. In the company's assortment there are more than 200 kinds of confectionery products. Roshen products are exported to a couple of dozen countries, including the USA, Canada and even New Zealand. It is under the brand name "Roshen" that the legendary Kiev cake is produced in the factory named after. Karl Marx.
1. Chicken meat "Nasha ryaba"( 5.1 billion hryvnia).
The Ukrainian leader in the production of chilled and frozen chicken meat leads our current rating of popular brands. The company includes 4 poultry farms in Ukraine. The volume of sales of brand products has increased over the past year by 7%, and the annual revenue growth amounted to 1 billion hryvnia.