Today, wrist watches are not so much a time measuring device as a stylish and status accessory.
Introducing rating of watch brands , compiled according to the portal TiptopWatches, dedicated to famous manufacturers and popular models of watches. This list includes the most popular and expensive watch brands .
15. TAG Heuer is a Swiss brand that is a participant of the world-wide holding LVMH, the famous luxury goods manufacturer.
14. A. Lange &S? Hne is a German watch company, wrist watches and pocket watches that easily compete with the products of the most famous brands.
13. Omega is a brand that will turn 128 this year. It is owned by the holding company Swatch Group Ltd., which produces watches under the brands Breguet, Blancpain, Mido, Longines,null, Rado, Omega, Tissot, Swatch and others.
12. Rolex - watch company, founded in 1905 by German Hans Wilsdorf, today has its head office in Switzerland. In a year Rolex produces more than half a million hours.
11. Girard-Perregaux is a prestigious watch brand that has been leading its history since 1791.Engineers Girard-Perreguax in 1969 introduced the world's first quartz movement with a ripple of 32 768 Hz, which became the international standard for quartz watches.
10. Piaget produces premium watches since 1874.He founded the company Georges Edouard Piaget in the town of La Cote-aux-Fees, the business's successors were 14 children of the master.
9. Hublot is a brand belonging to the concern MDM( Montre des Montres).The distinctive features of these luxury watches are "marine" design and rubber straps.
8. Audemars Piguet is a company that carefully preserves the production traditions. Annually under the Audemars Piguet brand, no more than 15 thousand items are hand-picked, each of which is marked by a unique number and signature of the master.
7. Chopard is a company named for its creator Louis Ulysses Chopar, who founded the production of pocket watches and chronometers in 1860 in the town of Sonvie. One of the famous design solutions from Chopard was the technology of "floating diamonds", when precious stones move freely between two sapphire crystal glasses of the dial.
6. Ulysse Nardin is a company that originally specialized in manufacturing marine chronometers. Traditionally included in the rating of Swiss watch brands , has more than a century of history and Ulysse Nardin is no exception, the brand has been known since 1846.
5. Cartier is a French company specializing in the manufacture of not only watches, but also jewelry, today part of the concern Richemond.
4. Blancpain is a Swiss brand whose history dates back to 1735.The production was founded by the village watchmaker Jean-Jacques Blanc. Today, all products under the brand name Blancpain are assembled exclusively by hand, while the watches are only mechanical.
3. Jaeger-LeCoultre is a watch house, founded by members of the Le Coultre family in 1833.Today, the brand is the property of the Richemont group. Designers Jaeger-LeCoultre are known for their addiction to modernism.
2. Vacheron Constantin is a brand that symbolizes quality and elegance since 1755.Clients of this Swiss company were aristocrats of France and Italy, including both wives of Emperor Napoleon. The company annually produces about 20 thousand hours of premium class.
1. Patek Philippe is another Swiss brand, which is headed by by the manufacturers of watches. The founders of the company in 1839 were the Pole Antony Patek and the Frenchman Adrien Philippe. The price of the products of this prestigious brand starts from 10 thousand US dollars.