The most expensive cities in the world for 2015
Mercer regularly conducts cost-of-living surveys in various cities around the world. The study examines more than 200 different parameters, for example, the cost of housing, transport, food, clothing, household goods and entertainment. The purpose of this study is to help transnational companies, as well as governments of different countries, determine compensation allowances for their employees abroad. All prices in the study are translated into US dollars. In June 2015, another rating of the most expensive cities in the world was published.
Next will be the most expensive cities from this list, distributed by parts of the world, as well as the overall top-10.
The most expensive cities in Central and Eastern Europe
1 place. Moscow, Russia( 51st place in the overall rating).
2 place. Istanbul, Turkey( 99).Here and further in brackets the place in the general rating is indicated.
3 place. Riga, Latvia( 111)
4th place. Bratislava, Slovakia( 137)
5th place. Prague, Czech Republic( 143)
The most expensive cities in Western Europe
1. Zurich, Switzerland( 3)
2. Geneva, Switzerland( 5)
3. Bern, Switzerland( 9)
4. London, United Kingdom( 12)
5Copenhagen, Denmark( 24)
The most expensive cities in Asia( except the Middle East)
1. Hong Kong, China( 2)
2. Singapore( 4)
3. Shanghai, China( 6)
4. Beijing, China( 7)
5. Seoul, South Korea( 8)
The most expensive cities in the Middle East and Africa
1. Luanda, Angola( 1)
2. N'Djamena, Chad( 10)
3. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo( 13)
4. Victoria, Seychelles( 17)
5. Tel Aviv, Israel( 18)
The most expensive cities in Oceania
1. Sydney, Australia( 31)
2. Noumea, New Caledonia( 39)
3. Melbourne, Australia( 47)
4. Perth, Australia( 48)
5. Oakland, New Zealand( 61)
The most expensive cities in North America
1. New York, USA( 16)
2. Los Angeles, USA( 36)
3. San Francisco, USA( 37)
4. Chicago, USA( 42)
5. Washington, USA( 50)
The most expensive cities in South America
1. Buenos Aires, Argentina( 19)
2.São Paulo, Brazil( 40)
3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil( 68)
4. Santiago, Chile( 70)
5. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago( 76)
The most expensive cities in the world. Top 10
1. Luanda, Angola. The fact that the most expensive city in the world is in one of the poorest countries in the world is surprising. The solution is that the profits of foreign companies obtained in Angola from the extraction of oil and diamonds create an increased demand among foreigners living in Angola for high-quality housing, expensive restaurants and cars, shoes and clothing. For example, the cost of renting a two-room apartment in Luanda in 2015 is 6.8 thousand dollars a month, and a three-room apartment - 15.8 thousand.
2. Hong Kong, China. If Hong Kong were a separate country, then per capita GDP would be among the richest countries in the world, so the price level in Hong Kong is natural.
3. Zurich, Switzerland
5. Geneva, Switzerland
6. Shanghai, China
7. Beijing, China
8. Seoul, South Korea
9. Bern, Switzerland
10. N'Djamena, Chad. N'Djamena - the capital of one of the poorest countries in Africa, the bulk of the buildings in the city are huts and houses made of clay, so a foreigner who wants to rent a house will have to shell out a lot of money: the average cost of a three-room apartment is $ 2252 per month.