How to make a box in the bathroom, close the pipes?
- Materials for creating
- Required tools for assembling the structure of plasterboard
- Instructions for constructing the structure of plasterboard
- Demountable structure
- Design for plastic pipes
- Types of doors for access to communications
If you want to get a beautiful bathroom after repairs, thenit will be necessary to try not only with the choice of sanitary ware and ceramic tiles, but also the preparation of the room itself. For example, you should hide not very nice pipes, which are unlikely to harmoniously fit into the design of the room. In this article we will talk about how to make a box in the bathroom - you can close the pipes with little effort, cheaply, but quite aesthetically.to the contents ↑
Materials for creating
The bathroom is a special room for your home, therefore the installation materials must have the following qualities:
- Water resistance.
- Environmentally friendly.
Also for the installation of the box it is necessary that these materials are not too heavy and thick. Given these parameters, you can use such materials:
- Moisture resistant plasterboard.
- Waterproof plywood.
Important! To create a design it is more convenient and more reliable to use plastic or plasterboard.
Advantages of using drywall:
- Good moisture resistance. For many years this material has been used in bathrooms.
- Its easy to cut.
- This material can be bought at any construction store.
- Over the drywall, you can lay the tile, paint it or apply any other coating of the decor.
Advantages of using plastic
Plastic panels are also a good option for making a tub in the bathroom to close the pipes, because this material has the following advantages:
- Quick installation that does not require a large number of tools.
- Good moisture resistance, if sealant is used during installation.
- Beautiful surface, easy to care for.
- Quick and easy repair and dismantling.
- The material is not afraid of dismantling and repair.
Required tools for mounting the drywall structure
To install a drywall structure, you will need the following tools:
- Screwdriver or screwdriver.
- Scissors for metal.
- Screws, dowels.
Instructions for constructing a drywall structure
In order to assemble a plasterboard box in a bathroom, follow these instructions:
- Measure the walls near which the pipes are located. It is necessary to draw up a detailed plan for the location of connections( possible places for possible leaks) for the future. Instead of the valves and counters, the doors should be located.
Important! If you would like the construction to look homogeneous, then instead of the doors make the removable parts.
- Make the layout of the future structure on walls, ceiling and floor( for vertical structures).
- Use a galvanized profile to make a frame for the box. To do this, you will need a screwdriver and self-tapping screws if the walls are of plasterboard. You can do with a screwdriver, however, then the work will take more time. If the walls are concrete or brick, then apply dowels and screws.
Important! If you are installing a vertical structure, then non-standard variants with several angles( faces) are quite possible. If the vertical box is more than 1.5 m, then when setting the frame between the rails, jumpers should be made from the profile. The maximum distance between the jumpers is 1 meter.
- Prepare the sheets of material for installation so that there are as few joints as possible.
- Using self-tapping screws, fix the sheets of gypsum cardboard in place. For further access to communications, do not forget to make a hole.
- Saddle the corners of the structure, as well as the joints between the sheets.
- Decorate the received box in the same way as the rest of the walls in the bathroom, including the installation of skirting.
- To access the communications, insert the door.
Construction of a duct box in the bathroom is also possible with a detachable design. For this, it is necessary to fix the sheets at the very edge and do not putty them.
In this case, finishing works on the edges are not made - they are closed with the help of corners. So, when you need to disassemble the structure, you can simply remove the corners and unscrew all the screws.
Important! After the repair work to assemble such a box is not difficult - it will take no more than 20 minutes.to the contents ↑
Construction for plastic pipes
The simplest option to make a box in the bathroom to close the pipes is to install it from plastic panels. Even if you have ceramic tiles everywhere, this material fits well in the bathroom interior.
Important! The main thing here is to choose the right color and not to overdo it with the drawing. The most successful option will be solid plastic panels.
For installation you will need the following tools:
- Screwdriver or drill with a tile drill if you have finished tiling.
- Cutter for plastic, electric jigsaw or Bulgarian.
- Screws or dowels.
Instruction for constructing a structure from plastic panels:
- Make a markup for the future box( this is done in the same way as with a plasterboard version).
- Install the structure from the profile. It can be done the same as for plasterboard, but it can be done without a front face.
- Prepare the panels of plastic according to the dimensions.
- Use the silicone to glue the panels to the profile.
- Use the same silicone to glue the corner between the panels.
Types of doors for access to communications
It is necessary to leave the possibility of access to cranes, pipe connections and meters. To do this, you need a door or several doors opposite these elements. It can be bought( blinds, hatch, built-in door) and done:
- If you decide to make a door yourself, then make it from the same material as the rest of the structure. Decorate it you need the same as the box itself.
- To be more convenient to use, attach or glue to it a small furniture handle( usually they are installed on kitchen headsets).
Important! In order for the door to not open spontaneously, it can be supplied with magnets.
Regardless of what material you choose in order to make the tub in the bathroom close the pipes, all operations must be done carefully. Otherwise, it makes no sense to undertake work.