How to choose sunglasses by face shape and type of protection
The glasses from the sun by many people have ceased to be perceived as an individual means of eye protection, which, undoubtedly, is a big omission. According to scientists, it is from the harmful effects of ultraviolet light that vision often falls. Dangerous radiation can cause harm not only in cloudless summer weather, but also in overcast, off-season. In this publication, we tried to give the most useful recommendations for the selection of sunglasses.
- best manufacturers of sunglasses
- principle of operation and the device sunglasses
- Varieties sunglasses
- sunglasses selection options
- What sunglasses choose
- How much sunglasses
best manufacturers of sunglasses - which firm to choose
Sunglasses are muchdemand, therefore manufacturers of the given goods simply not to consider. In each transition you can find handicraft production of the product, but here it is unlikely that you will be able to buy standing copies. Only eminent brands who care about their reputation, pay due attention to the development of not only beautiful, but also useful glasses from the sun.
Anyone who does not have time to get acquainted with the material presented in full, we suggest to pay attention to the products of the following companies:
- Ray Ban
- Dolce & Gabanna
If you want to know which specific models have proven themselves in the market, then read our rating of the best sunglasses.
Operating principle and the device of sunglasses
Points in general, and sunscreen in particular - is the most popular optical device, simultaneously acting as a fashion accessory and a tool for protection from harmful radiation.
The standard models consist of a special frame to which the handles are attached. The front side of the frame has a rim in which the lenses and the nose are located. Carrying can be with stops( fixed, moving) or without them.
It is best to choose those stops that are attached to the hinges, as it provides greater comfort when planted on the bridge of the nose, allowing you to adjust to the individual shape. The role of the arms is simple - they rest on the ears, fixing the glasses.
The principle of sunglasses is to delay the lens harmful ultraviolet rays. In addition, a well-chosen model is able to perform many tasks, for example, to adjust the shape of the face, to impart the necessary style to the image, to complement the image.
For athletes, drivers, extreme - sunglasses are mandatory, because these people are in special, requiring more attention, conditions.
Types of sunglasses
The frame is usually solid, the rim of plastic, lenses of a trapezoidal shape. The corners of the frame are either rounded or clearly defined. The size of the glasses is quite large, they will suit the owners of an oval, diamond-shaped and pear-shaped face. Weifarers with sharp angles will correct the round face.
- fit the most common forms of persons;
- look stylish.
- will not suit people with a triangular and square face.
Semi-frame frame, the frame is often combined. The line runs exclusively along the top. Rectangular lenses are rounded from below. This form of glasses perfectly emphasizes the eyebrows, bearing the emphasis on this part of the face.
- interesting design;
- are suitable for trapezoid and pear-shaped persons;
- is acceptable for some oval and round.
- will not suit people with a square face shape.
One of the most fashionable forms at the moment. Round glasses in the style of Harry Potter usually have a solid frame and a metal or plastic frame.
- unusual and extravagant;
- will decorate oval faces;
- with caution to choose people with a triangular face shape.
- does not fit all other types of faces.
The frame is almost always solid, and the frame is wide, made of plastic. The corners near the temples are twisted upwards. The form is universal, harmoniously fit in most images.
- narrow lenses will correct round and square faces.
- exclusively female form of glasses;
- does not fit angular faces( rhomboid, triangular, heart-shaped).
The frame is one-piece, the rim is usually thin and metallic. Glasses were invented for aviators, by Ray Ban. Products from other manufacturers - copies. This model is versatile.
- is in the collections of almost all firms;
- perfectly corrects rectangular, oval, square, triangular, diamond-shaped faces.
- round, trapezoidal and pear-shaped faces will not work,
- people with long faces also should abandon this form.
One-piece frame, the rim is almost always made of plastic, the shape of the lenses is close to the square. This is one of the biggest points. Due to this size, the shape is quite versatile.
- for square and rectangular perfectly fit strongly rounded corners;
- ideal form for triangular and diamond-shaped faces;
- catchy design and bright colors correct the big nose.
- from buying it is worth noting chubby.
These glasses are rarely purchased as an accessory. Most often they have many characteristics, depending on what kind of sport they are made to. The frame can be any, however, as well as frames with lenses.
- performs a number of specific tasks;
- have interchangeable lenses;
- completely protects the eyes from external influences.
- is only suitable for sports style.
A feature of this form is one continuous lens, in which the transference is cut out. The shape of the spectacles is arched, it fits well the face, does not leave any gaps. The frame and the frame can be any.
- no clearances;
- large selection of sizes;
- corrects polygonal and rhomboid faces.
- is not suitable for owners of heart-shaped and triangular faces.
Options for choosing sunglasses
Protection against UV rays
First of all, when choosing, look at the UV protection label.
1. General - skip no more than half of the harmful rays, ideal for the Russian climate. Ideal for wearing in urban conditions.
2. Cosmetic - almost do not protect from dangerous radiation, retaining less than 20% of UV rays.
3. High UV-protection - these lenses provide reliable protection.
When buying glasses, consider the season in which you are going to wear them. The more solar activity, the higher the protection index.
- For cloudy weather and dusk, lenses of zero and first category, where light transmission varies from 43 to 100%, are good.
- For drivers and urban residents it is better to choose the second category( 18-43%).
- In the summer period, as well as for places with high solar activity, the third category( 8-18%) should be chosen.
- The fourth category( 3-8%) will be ideal for skiers and extreme, as it will perfectly protect your eyes from dazzling rays reflected from glaciers and snow cover.
Frame material can be made of metal, plastic, as well as in a printed version:
- Glasses with a metal frame are rarely bulky, usually this frame is thin, made in classic colors of silver or gold. The top is often covered with spraying, protecting the skin from contact with the metal.
- The plastic frame is also quite light in weight. Unlike metal, it is used much more often in design, as it allows you to create not only classical, but also avant-garde models.
- In combined frames, metal and plastic are partly used. This combination makes it possible to give special strength to the structure.
Lenses can be made of glass, as well as artificial materials:
- High-quality glass can hold 100% of UV rays. In addition, these lenses look pretty stylish and presentable. But the weight of the glasses with the glass will be much larger than that of other options using plastic.
- Lenses made of artificial materials are more often used in glasses of the initial and middle price category. When buying, pay attention to the radiation protection marking, the UV400 indicator will be the highest.
- One-piece frame completely encloses the lens rim. It can be made of both metal and plastic.
- The semicircular frame most often covers the lens either from above or from below. The rest of the lens is held by a nylon line. The material of manufacture, as well as at a whole frame, either plastic, or metal.
- In the non-free version, the lenses are attached to the bow and carry by plastic inserts or bolts.
Which sunglasses to choose
1. In summary, we can say that the first priority for choosing glasses will be protection from solar radiation. For the city, trips in the car or the off-season period low values will do. But for places with active sun, only lenses with a high degree of protection are needed.
2. Light transmission also plays an important role. When choosing lenses for UV protection, do not forget to take into account these categories. The less light passes through the lens, the more comfortable the eye with the dazzling sun. But for the city, driving or cloudy weather, bright options are needed.
3. The shape of the frame and lenses is important for face correction. Here everything is very individual, because even with the existing general recommendations there is a high probability of error. The best way to choose the ideal form for yourself will be fitting. Pay attention to the fact that the glasses should sit well, without squeezing or hanging anywhere.
How much are sunglasses
1. The cost of glasses with glasses varies from 2 to 10 thousand p.
2. Plastic lenses and frames will cost a little cheaper, from 700 to 3 thousand p.
3. Sunglasses with high levels of UV blocking will cost at least 2 - 5 thousand p.
4. The more famous the brand, the higher the price for points. Exclusive models can reach a price of tens and even hundreds of thousands of rubles.
5. Points in the form of a mask and sports will cost more than usual, because they have an increased degree of protection, as well as additional accessories. Their approximate cost of 5 - 7 thousand rubles.
6. Glasses with decorations and unusual designs are also more expensive than classic models. Approximate price 5 - 15 thousand rubles.