How to care for patent shoes: rules and recommendations
- Features of lacquer shoes
- Rules for everyday care
Lacquered shoes and boots look very attractive and attractive, but in order to retain this pleasant appearance, some recommendations for the care of lacquered shoes and careful handling are required.
Features of lacquer shoes
This kind of footwear does not like strong temperature fluctuations, it feels bad as if it were freezing( even a small one, -10 degrees already enough to crack the surface), and in excessive heat( at + 25 the varnish can begin to melt).A thermal protection means, although effective, but not all-powerful, and at +40 degrees from them will be a little confusing. The surface of the shoe can crack not only from the cold, but also with frequent wearing in wet weather.
Buying varnish boots for a cold winter will be completely impractical. And in the summer wearing such sandals or shoes will lead to increased sweating, because the lacquer clogs the pores of the skin, and the material does not breathe at all. In general, lacquer shoes are not designed for everyday wear, this part of the wardrobe is better suited for solemn occasions and a dry autumn or spring day.
Rules for everyday care
After each donning for leather shoes, varnished, it is necessary to take care of: clean from accumulated dust and dirt with a damp soft cloth or sponge. Periodically, it should be lubricated with special creams designed specifically for varnished products. They are made on a water basis, which means they will not damage the material. Instead of creams it is permissible to use Vaseline, glycerin or vegetable oil. They are applied to the shoes for 10-15 minutes, and then the surplus must be cleaned with a napkin or a soft rag so that no contamination and dust subsequently adhere to them.
If, however, it happened that the patent shoes are soaked, they should not be forced to dry at home at home, that is, by a hair dryer, electric dryer or battery. Even to expose under direct solar beams it is not necessary, t. To. A varnish from it usually grows dull. Large drops of water must be wiped off with a rag, and inside you can put crumpled newspapers or ordinary office paper. Firstly, it will absorb excess water from the inside, and secondly, it will not allow wet shoes to lose shape.
It is worth noting that most manufacturers give recommendations for the care of patent leather shoes on the packaging or in the instructions inside the box.
- Do not use solvents such as "White Spirit", acetone or gasoline on the varnished surfaces, because they will leave dull spots. For the same reason, it is not recommended to take care of the varnish skin, using the usual alcohol-containing products for shoes.
- Wash lacquer shoes as often as, say, rubber slippers, not worth it. However, if it is soiled that it can not be removed in any other way, then it can be "washed" in warm soapy water, after which it is carefully wiped and allowed to dry naturally.
- To remove any kind of contaminants and give fresh products to varnish, it is recommended to wipe them with a dampened cloth.
- To prevent the shoes from being deformed, it must be worn with a horn.
- If the lacquer shoes at the rear a little rubbing your feet, you can treat the backs of a candle or soap or apply a small amount of castor oil.
- A product for shine lacquer shoe at home - raw egg white. It is very easy to polish the varnish surface and with the help of a halved bulb. But that the smell of it has disappeared, shoes should not be cleaned in the closet for at least a few days.
- If on varnish skin, despite all precautions, nevertheless cracks appeared, then it is better to entrust them to an experienced shoemaker. In the absence of such an opportunity, you can resort to the help of regenerating creams or neatly cover the crack with nail polish in color or with a pencil for eyelids.
It is not recommended to store many shoes together in one heap. Each pair should be packed in a fabric bag( but not in plastic bags) or wrapped in paper, put crumpled paper or plastic spacers or pads inside to help the shoes not to cobble together, and put in vented boxes. The temperature in the closet, where the shoes will be lying before the next season, should be at room temperature - within 15-20 degrees. Folding shoe boxes on an unheated crude balcony is not worth it. And before you put it on your shoes for seasonal storage, it needs to be cleaned, ventilated and polished.
For shoes to last long, it is important not only to look after the patent leather properly, but also to choose a quality product from the very beginning. At purchase it is necessary to be convinced of integrity and uniformity of color of a varnish surface and to check up it on a bend( the good varnish will not be at the same time wrinkled or cracked).